Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddardano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 07:15 PM
    Why does my kidde smoke alarm beep even after I have disconnected it
    I have a hard wired Kiddle smoke alarm system. One nigh, one of them beeped just a couple times and stopped. I then replaces all the batteries on every detector. A couple days later one of them beeped a couple again during the middle of the night. I disconnected it from the ceiling and took the battery out. The next day the same beep occurred at the same location of the smoke detecter I took out. So now, the hanging wire is beeping. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AND HOW TO I FIX THIS??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2013, 08:10 PM
    It's the TWILIGHT ZONE. Sorry, disconnected hanging wires don't beep. You have another unit nearby. CO? Thermostat? Back to back units? Batteries replaced in ALL units?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke alarm beeping without battery or disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

I have 6 smoke alarms in my home; they are all hard-wired. I have had to disconnect completely--take them out of the ceiling--two of them as they went off for no reason. I took the 9 volt battery out of either of them first. That didn't stop it. Then I pulled the alarm out of the ceiling and...

My bldg. Fire alarm smoke detector zone keeps giving an alarm even when board is rese [ 1 Answers ]

Want to troubleshoot my fire alarm system having trouble with my 5th floor smokes they keep giving an alarm when there is'nt one could it be my end of line resistor? What could it be? Need a starting point.

I added ram and beep beep beep beep beep? [ 2 Answers ]

I added ram and beep beep beep beep beep? I added ram and computer will not stat up it just beeps the ram is compatible and I can not figure out what's wrong( at the start of my computer it ask me which OS do I want to use could this be the problem)??

View more questions Search