Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tricky1549 Posts: 126, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2013, 08:56 AM
    Separated and wanting to invest.
    Hi, I'm separated from my wife and would like to invest in a 2 bedroom rental. Would she be entitled to any of the ownership if I were to get the money from my parents? Same question but if I were to use a IRA that I had funded before we were married and had not put any money after we were married? Thanks for the answers. Happy Easter
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Is your separation legal or did you just move out?
    Tricky1549 Posts: 126, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2013, 05:13 AM
    Not legally but she asked me to leave 2 1/2 years ago. I didn't divorce her yet to keep her on health insurance. We live in NJ.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 2, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1549 View Post
    Not legally but she asked me to leave 2 1/2 years ago. I didn't divorce her yet to keep her on health insurance. We live in NJ.
    If nothing has been filed and your just living seperatly then you are still married. If you were to divorce then it would be held separate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invest or not and why? [ 0 Answers ]

A company issued 50 000 bonds at 990 euros (face value is 1 000 euros) 2 years ago. The maturity is now 5 years and the bond will be repaid at par value. The coupon rate is 7%. The company's bank informed them that they coud borrow today at a lower rate, 6.5%. The tax rate is 33.33%.

How much to invest? [ 2 Answers ]

You have inherited $10000 prior to a presidential election and wish to invest in solar energy and oil stocks. An investment advisor provides you with a payoff matrix that indicates your probable 4-year gain, depending on which party comes into office. How should you invest your money so that you...

Can I file taxes legally separated if I was not legally separated from my husband? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I separated in December 2008 but he didn't not want to file papers for a legal separation. Can I still file taxes as Legally Separated? Or do we have to file together or married filing separately?

Girlfriend went from wanting the relationship to not wanting anything so serious [ 11 Answers ]

A little confused right now, because we've been in a relationship for 4 months now and she is just now saying she doesn't want a serious relationship now, because she doesn't want to have to be completely committed to a relationship 24/7. Saying that she would like to be able to have time to do...

View more questions Search