Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tulanch Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Beta fish sick
    Hello,

Buddah3, my office mate of 3 years, is sick. He had "pop eye" in one eye so I moved him into a new bowl and used mardel trisulfa - his "pop eye" went away. But he has not eaten since (3 weeks or so). He was hungery but could not get food in his mouth. It was as if he needed glasses - kept missing when he struck at the food and eventually he would give up. Now he is not interested in food at all and he is in the tank nose up, tail down verital. He is still breathing and when provoked moves around. But for the most part he just stays in one location. He has a rather large tail and it is a little clumped together, it's as if his tail is pulling him down thus he ends up in the location - nose up, tail down. I have just purchased and moved him into a deeper gold fish bowl and have put in bloodworms, but still not interested in eating or moving for that matter... any ideas?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Hi Tulanch,
    It sounds as though Buddah3 is suffering from a gram negative bacterial infection as it causes a fish to stop eating.
    It usually has to be treated at first sight in order to have a good chance of survival.
    You might try your luck with Mardel Maracyn-Two, it treats fish that won't eat.
    Good luck, hope he gets better.

Kae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Correlation and Beta in Finance [ 3 Answers ]

Sdfsdf

Film on top of beta tank [ 4 Answers ]

I have some sort of film on top of my 1 gal. beta tank. I clean his tank regularly using only clean glass bowls. No soap, just hot water. Tank has a lid. Any ideas of what it could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

My beta again. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 55gal tank with community fish in it. Danios,tetras,cats,1angel,cherry barbs, and some hatchet fish. Could my beta be inserted into this tank?

Beta Fish [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: I got Beta just like this one, 1 week ago, his a cute little Beta Fish! I would like to know what kind of water does he need, for his little aquarium, for the moment I but at W-Mart a gallon of drinking water is that good? I would like to know, Any comments? OK here is my Beta Fish!

View more questions Search