Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john_doe_2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2013, 08:02 PM
    2ton condenser with 3ton evaporator without txv
    I have a 2 ton outside condenser with a 3 ton evaporator coil - goodman units. The TXV installed on the evaporator is malfunctioning. Can I run a 2 ton condenser with a 3 ton evaporator by uninstalling the TXV (no metering device). How well would the system function. Since I use the AC extremely infrequently (few days/month in summer) this shouldn't be a problem - at least that's what I think.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2013, 06:38 AM
    OK,, I hear what you think,, but are you going to expect the unit to work/cool your home?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2013, 06:52 PM
    If you do that, which you are not allowed to do unless licenced by EPA to work with refrigerants, you will destroy your compressor.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 30, 2013, 08:10 AM
    No it won't work at all, and yes you will destroy your compressor right away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York h4ts condenser matching evaporator [ 0 Answers ]

Just purchase a york h4ts036 condenser, 16 seer need help for a matching coil there is not a lot of people in my area that are experiecened in 16 seer units as I ilve in Illinois they say its over kill. York teck support keeps sending me to local dealers who only want to pick my pocket. I have a...

Evaporator fan or condenser fan location [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Maytag plus side by side and I am troubleshooting a cooling problem on the fridge side; freezer is at -15 degress while the fridge is at 55 degrees. I suspect the evaporator fan, but to keep everyone clear is the evaporator fan in the freezer and the condensor fan under the...

Is it right to replace a 10 seer 3ton condensing unit (r-22) with a 13 seer 3ton [ 4 Answers ]

Will it be OK to replace a 10 seer 3 ton condensing unit (r-22) with a 13 seer 3 ton (r-22) without any changes to the 10 seer air handler(indoor unit)? I would appreciate your fieldback! Thanks, Gray

Does a 4 ton evaporator coil match up with a 3 ton condenser? [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into an 11 year old house last month. The AC has not worked properly since we moved in. The first AC guy the Homeowners Warranty company sent cleaned the unit and added freon. A month later, it was 83 degrees downstairs today. Last week they sent another guy and he found what he...

View more questions Search