Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roonsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2013, 07:14 PM
    Personal Travel Allowance leaving China
    I have a friend from China who wants to visit me in Australia, she purchased her air ticket but was not allowedto board the plane as Chinese Immigration said she had to have US$1500 on her as Personal Travel Allownace, which covers her in an emergency. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 07:29 PM
    Have you ever met this friend in real life, or just got acquainted via the Internet?

It sounds like a scam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal Travel Allowance [ 5 Answers ]

I have a chat friend from Nigeria with a British passport, who needs to travel to Dubai, however she is insisting in a law in Nigeria that states she has to carry on person 1000 USD before catching her flight as this is a guarantee that she will not be dependent on Dubai government for any issues. ...

Personal travel allowance [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have this question about a lady travelling from London to Cyprus. She told me that she was not allowed to go on board the plane and hence missed her flight because her travelling allowance was by far too low. She is a holder of USA passport. In fact she had 350 pounds with her and they...

Personal travel allowance [ 2 Answers ]

I'm chatting online with a girl.. she is a student from USA and continued study for magister economy in Uk.. She planing traveling to indonesia via Singapore. She need a pta about 800 p or equal with usd $ 1.200 to shown to UK immigration at UK airport... tell me it's true? She proved me with...

Personal travel allowance [ 9 Answers ]

Can you tell me if an american citizen has to pay p t a I am in contact with a lady in england claims to live in California but refuses to tell me an address in the states but said she is coming back but needs 750 pound as she has two children 3 and six that is why the airline insists I think I am...

Personal travel allowance [ 18 Answers ]

There a person that I'm talking to on line who wants to come to America soon. Says that he needs to have a certain amount of money on him when he travel here. Is this true? He has a passport and had an appointment for a visit to the Embassy. Now he has to go to the US Embassy , and he need...

View more questions Search