Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abink Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2013, 05:17 PM
    Abscess
    I had an absses right in between my butt it popped already and now there is a open wound I couple days ago I took a shower and I'm a girl so my hair got stuck in the open wound and I just realized it and I can't take it out because it hurt REALLY BAD PLEASE ANSWER?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 05:26 PM
    I'm not a doctor, but it does sound like you have what is called a pilonidal cyst, caused by a hair that was ingrown since maybe birth and has finally formed an abscess or cyst. It is very painful until it opens up and drains, but will not go away until it is surgically removed.

Please have your doctor look at it and confirm this or let you know what is going on.

Mar 28, 2013, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but it does sound like you have what is called a pilonidal cyst, caused by a hair that was ingrown since maybe birth and has finally formed an abscess or cyst. It is very painful until it opens up and drains, but will not go away until it is surgically removed.
    No it already popped and draind now there is just an open wound it spouse to close but I took a shower the other day now one of my hair from my head has gotten stuck in the open wound and I can't pull it it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 05:33 PM
    No it already popped and draind now there is just an open wound it spouse to close but I took a shower the other day now one of my hair from my head has gotten stuck in the open wound and I can't pull it it
    It will close up again. The hair you see is probably not from your head. Go to a doctor!

Mar 28, 2013, 05:34 PM
    It will close up again. The hair you see is probably not from your head. Go to a doctor!
    No it is because its long
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Abink View Post
    No it is because its long
    Leave it alone and go to a doctor! Stop messing with it!

Mar 28, 2013, 05:37 PM
    Leave it alone and go to a doctor! Stop messing with it!
    Okay any suggestions to keep it from getting infected
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 05:41 PM
    Okay any suggestions to keep it from getting infected
    Nope. You always risk that until the cyst has been surgically removed. I had frequent painful infections until I finally had surgery.

Of course, only your doctor can determine that this is a pilonidal cyst. It might be something else. How old are you?

Mar 28, 2013, 05:44 PM
    Nope. You always risk that until the cyst has been surgically removed. I had frequent painful infections until I finally had surgery.

Of course, only your doctor can determine that this is a pilonidal cyst. It might be something else. How old are you?
    I'm 15 years old mam I already went to the doctors and they told me it a cyst it popped already and the bump is gone it now a pee size hole and there is a hair sticking out of it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 05:48 PM
    I'm 15 years old mam I already went to the doctors and they told me it a cyst it popped already and the bump is gone it now a pee size hole and there is a hair sticking out of it
    Yes, I get that. It will close up and probably get infected again, if it is a pilonidal cyst.

Do not mess with it. Go to your doctor to have him check out the hair.

Mar 28, 2013, 05:52 PM
    Yes, I get that. It will close up and probably get infected again, if it is a pilonidal cyst.

Do not mess with it. Go to your doctor to have him check out the hair.
    Okay well thank you so much and god bless you you kind of made me feel better by telling me its not the hair from my head maybe but I will make sure to go to the doctor god bless you
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Okay well thank you so much and god bless you you kind of made me feel better by telling me its not the hair from my head maybe but I will make sure to go to the doctor god bless you
    No maybes. DO IT! This will happen again with a new infection and more pain. Sitting in class makes it get bad faster. Been there, done that.

Mar 28, 2013, 05:55 PM
    No maybes. DO IT!! This will happen again with a new infection and more pain. Sitting in class makes it get bad faster. Been there, done that.
    Okay I promise ill go
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Okay I promise ill go
    Let me know if the doctor says pilonidal cyst.

Mar 28, 2013, 06:01 PM
    Let me know if the doctor says pilonidal cyst.
    Okay thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth abscess [ 5 Answers ]

Hi: I have a tooth abscess that I accidentally discovered was draining pus. I do not have any pain, but seems to be old draining abscess. What should I do??

An abscess on my biceps [ 1 Answers ]

I have a abscess on my biceps and it hurts more than anything. My doctor first put me on anti-bionics and when I went back for my check up today she said wed have to lance it. We tried that and it didn't work because it was deeper than she had though. She made a small incision in my arm and was...

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Abscess recurrence [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abscess on a biscupid tooth due to nerve damage cuased by deep filling. I am abroad so haven't signed up with/visited a Dentist. I took some antibiotics and they worked, but now I am scared the abscess will return before I go home. How long do abscesses usually take to reccur after...

Tooth Abscess [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Ease Pain Of A Tooth Abscess,taking Painkillers And Antibiotics, But Still Hurts Like Hell.

View more questions Search