Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Moving to Palm Springs, CA
    I expect to be moving to Palm Springs CA soon, where the summer months can reach just over 100 degrees. I have a huge record collection. I expect to be getting rid of most of them, but not all. My place of course will be air conditioned, but I wonder if there is any special care I need to give this collection since I do not expect to have my air conditoning running day and night. They are well kept (vertically) in cube squares so it's not like they are just laying around on top of boxes. I do not want to put them in storage in one of those climate controlled places because I won't have access to them when I want them.Can anyone make any suggestions. I personally like the temperature in the house to be about 85. Thank you.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Have you thought of transferring the albums to disc? As a means of backup, in case of loss?

Keeping your collection in a cooler location in your home but not a damp location. Protected from dust. I do not see 85 degrees as being too warm for the album collection. Now if you stuck them in the attic, yes, that would be a problem.

Good luck on the move and enjoy the Springs!
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Actually yes, I am transferring many of them to disc before I actually move there, that's why most of them will be gone. Thank you for your time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sego Palm Problem [ 3 Answers ]

My sego palm is turning yellow. It has been in the same place about 8 years now and has been doing great. Now it is turning yellow white. It has been getting plenty of water. What can I do to save it. Thanks.

Physics: springs [ 1 Answers ]

A 0.50 kg block, starting at rest, slides down a 30.0° incline with kinetic friction coefficient 0.23 (the figure below). After sliding 83 cm down the incline, it slides across a frictionless horizontal surface and encounters a spring (k = 33 N/m). (a) What is the maximum compression of the...

Saratoga Springs Area of Upsate New York [ 3 Answers ]

In 2002, my wife and I purchased a 4 bedroom home in a neighborhood community, located in Wilton, NY, population 15,000, which is just north of Saratoga Springs, population 27,000 and about 35 miles north of Albany. Most of the residents of the community are in their 30's with small children. The...

Palm ticketing software [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm new to this board. I've been looking into a way to streamline my employee's ticketing process. We've developed our own ticketing software and that seems to work great. But, the problem is when they are running around the building soving problems and putting out fires they seem...

View more questions Search