Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 29, 2013, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    Sigh getting so frustrated at myself for being so stupid and not understanding.
    Don't feel stupid.

You probably lied because you were scared. I know it often happened to me when I was confronted by my father in a rage. I would panic inside and loose all common sense to just try to avoid what I knew was coming my way.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2013, 09:03 AM
    You are trying to intellectualize a very emotional response. What happened with you and your brother is why torture doesn't work on prisoners of war. Lies, not truth, result.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Mar 29, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Okay.. I am seeing black and white thinking on my part. I am started thinking what I would say to someone else in the same spot.. Brain is saying you guys are right but then my damn feelings and things I was taught are fighting that. I don't know what to think... how about if I say you guys are right and I am wrong.. maybe I will believe it one day..
    I asked for help and am not listening and that is making my anxiety over this worse. I need to lessen it seriously. Damn it I am not strong enough for this. Feel like a failure as I am fighting self injury thoughts... (I am not suicidal at all). So far so good for fighting them. I keep saying I will disappoint people but it is like I want to show people my hurt. That is odd as I don't show off my scars I hide them. If someone sees them they are cat scratches (sorry cats).
    You guys on here is one group I will disappoint the other is the DBT people and of course hubby. I know I am being willful and selfish.

Okay here is my plan
    I will trust you all on what you have told me. I will conteract my thoughts with experts have told me this. I think this is like looking in a mirror saying you are beautiful. Say it until you believe it.
    I will use self soothe.
    I will journal
    I will call distress line or post here BEFORE self injuring
    Maybe use the skill vacation. Take a break from this issue until I can get back to wise mind.

Any other suggestions please let me know. I must say this is the most I am comfortable saying about my thoughts and feelings. This feels foreign and uncomfortable. I share the bare min even with professionals. When I finally connect with Access Mental Health I think I may ask about therapy (one on one). Sounds like I am still messed up a lot...

Thank you all for your help... I will do this and become a better person living a life worth living
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2013, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    I will do this and become a better person living a life worth living
    The very fact that you want to apologize to your brother for just being a child and reacting as a child says worlds about how far you have come. That shows empathy and love and caring about someone else's feeling and wellbeing.

Your plan is a good one. I am here and support you fully, as do your other friends here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guilt. Please help. [ 3 Answers ]

I used to like this boy but I don't any more. We actually became pretty good friends. But that's not the problem! The problem is I'm going out with his MORTAL ENEMY. It makes me feel bad because I'm kind of caught in the middle of their fighting. I need advice on: A. How to stop feeling guilty,...

Guilt [ 6 Answers ]

How do you get over breaking up a ex boyfriend and his best friend. I knew what I was doing and so did the best friend. The friend told me he liked me and was so adorable when we hung out holding my hand kissing my forehead and saying sweet things. But whenever I asked to hang out he would say he...

Guilt [ 3 Answers ]

What is it with ejacullation and guiltiness? I just can't seem to put my finger on it I love th ebuildup but after I'm spent for like 2-3 minutes I have this surge of a downer?

How do I get past the guilt from the relationship ending [ 1 Answers ]

I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 10 months. Although it doesn't seem that long we were very close and had plans for the future. I have trouble dealing with trust and this caused arguments and also much unhappiness in times for me and him. I worry a lot in relationships about small...

Guilt at having an affair. Years ago, but just like yesterday Guilt Guilt , Guilt [ 5 Answers ]

I got married in 1992 after being with my partner for about 18 months , life was good. I found out I was pregnant, our daughter was born the same year. It wasn't long before I felt lost, alone and just an object that was there to look after and care for our daughter. He probably never meant to be...

View more questions Search