Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skiforever Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2013, 02:27 PM
    Good Yearbook Covers?
    So I am on the yearbook staff at school, and we're having a competition to see who can make a cover to be the actual cover for our yearbook. I am a freshman in High School and our mascot is a Maverick(Wild horse) so any ideas?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2013, 02:30 PM
    What's the prize?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 27, 2013, 02:50 PM
    I always thought a picture of the entire school would be great for a yearbook cover, but depending on the size of your school, and the number of students, and your budget, it wouldn't be easy. But nothing worthwhile is.

If you could pull it off, it would be great, but it wouldn't be easy by any means.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2013, 03:03 PM
    How about a collage of a sports thing (does your school excel at one?) and various symbols of the various departments of history, science, math, home ec, etc. with a stylized drawing of a mustang in the center -- something like this but more bunched together --

https://www.google.com/search?q=coll...ml%3B372%3B400
    Pennypop Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I always thought a picture of the entire school would be great for a yearbook cover, but depending on the size of your school, and the number of students, and your budget, it wouldn't be easy. But nothing worthwhile is.

If you could pull it off, it would be great, but it wouldn't be easy by any means.
    Yes. A school photo is very good, my school pulled it of by hiring a crane and a professional photographer. The photographer was on the crane with a megaphone and he organized us in our lines. It looked really good!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 6, 2013, 07:41 PM
    How about an aerial picture of your school? There may already be one somewhere.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 7, 2013, 01:49 AM
    I just want to say a word about the word maverick. It comes from a Texas lawyer in the 1800s who refused to brand his cattle, although some say he just couldn't be bothered. It used to mean unbranded calf. It now means any unbranded range animal. It also now means an independent thinker and variations on that, and a queen/jack starting 2 cards in Texas hold'em.

How about a photo or drawing of a human silhouette with arms on hips and feet wide (not identifiable as male or female) high on a hill or mesa looking down on a herd of wild horses. It could be Photoshopped easily enough from two photos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why I can't log on to yearbook? [ 2 Answers ]

I can't log on on myyearbook, I tried to make a new one but still I can't log on, anyone want to help me, thanks

Yearbook archives search [ 3 Answers ]

I was hoping someone might know where I can find and view a copy of my 2001 yearbook? There are a lot of sites that promise this but when you click its all fake or bs I'm from norman Oklahoma and have no idea how or where to find this please please I can use your assitance.

How to store my mothers yearbook. [ 5 Answers ]

Iam looking to store my mothers Yearbook. What is the best way to do this?

Looking for a yearbook quote. [ 7 Answers ]

Im only going into my senior year but in the yearbook they do quotes like your favorite quote and I'm already looking for mine. I want something different but strong and meaningful. Something like:::: "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix Or...

View more questions Search