Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    satanlovesyou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2013, 04:36 PM
    Tree boa not eating regularly
    Hi I've been looking for some help on feeding my snake, she seems to be partial, all of my snakes eat no problem, she will sometimes take it from my hand or I let it sit in there for a min or so and she will strike it. Sometimes she won't eat, she's a tree boa. If you could help me it would be much appreciated. Don't know if she dislike me hand feeding her or? I hand feed all my snakes, she never had a problem until winter. I know the rat isn't cold either so I have no idea
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 26, 2013, 06:02 PM
    It could be so many things causing her to not be hungry, from being bored with the food to wanting a mate (or maybe thinking she has) to humidity to heat to the amount of daylight. Check the temp in her cage and let her hunt her next meal.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 28, 2013, 04:35 PM
    Snakes can be picky sometimes. I'm sure you're quite aware they can go long periods without eating. I wouldn't worry about it unless your snake begins to slim down. I don't know if I would recommend hand feeding your snakes, however. It may come to a point where they link you and your hand only to eating.
    xx-man Posts: 37, Reputation: -1

Jun 19, 2013, 08:40 PM
    Snakes are just finicky If the temperature is not just right or if the are nervous about something or if they are about to shed... I have had many different reptiles from the exotic to the garden variety. They are all different at different time. Best thing is to offer it food, live is best but many of mine would eat freshly thawed frozen mice (warmed) once they used to them. Sometimes I would have to shake it a bit to make it seem alive , other times the snake would see it coming actually stand ready to feed. Sometimes they eat a lot other times very little or not at all. I never started to worry about the not eating as long as they drank water. After a month or two I would start coaxing a bit stronger but they just seem to do their own thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black striped fly eating tree leaves [ 2 Answers ]

I have black vertical striped fly like bugs eating the leaves of my tree. They leave half circle holes along the edges. They don't bite and if you shoo them away they come right back. They are about the size of a house fly but the bodies are longer and more slender.

Worms eating apples on tree [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, How can I stop worms from eating apples on my tree? I have an apple tree... the apples are delicious, however, every apple has a worm in it! What can I use to stop this?

Dog eating Christmas Tree! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm new to your site! I am hoping that I can get some help! I have 2 adult dogs. They are house trained, But they will NOT stop eating the Christmas Tree! They have eaten the tree & some plastic ornaments on a few different occasions! They do not eat it every time we leave the...

Is this bug eating my tree base? [ 3 Answers ]

Something is eating the base of my aspen trees. I've already lost one tree, it blew over in the wind because 3/4's of the base was gone. Someone told me the larva of this bug could be eating the base when they hatch. Any help in identifying the culprit would be helpful... ...

View more questions Search