Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Mar 26, 2013, 03:15 PM
    Is anyone else legitimately worried about the stability of the dollar?
    Like sometimes I want to go to school and set goals and do things with my life but with the economy so down and an ever increasing national debt I'm like "what's the point"? Do you see the dollar maintaining value in two more years let alone five?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2013, 03:17 PM
    No.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 26, 2013, 03:48 PM
    Tying your plans to the dollar and the national debt is just looking for excuses.
    It's like sitting on a park bench with a truck idling in front of you, spewing out diesel fumes, and you won't breathe and you won't move and you won't tell the driver to turn off the engine.
    If you are young, you are the future. That's not just a trite saying.

Mar 26, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Tying your plans to the dollar and the national debt is just looking for excuses.
    It's like sitting on a park bench with a truck idling in front of you, spewing out diesel fumes, and you won't breathe and you won't move and you won't tell the driver to turn off the engine.
    If you are young, you are the future. That's not just a trite saying.
    It's not so much as an excuse as it is a major MAJOR concern. Sometimes I feel as if getting citizenship to German or something should be my top priority. With the year the debt is suppose to be up to 20 trillion dollars, how long can this system of debt and fiat currency be sustained?
    current pert

Mar 26, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Leaving the US is now your top priority?
    What happened to your undying love?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Joy, I see you've read the history - OP is all over the place.

Mar 26, 2013, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Leaving the US is now your top priority?
    What happened to your undying love?
    Well she IS the top priority, leaving the country was an exaggeration If I were with her I wouldn't care less about the state of the economy. .
    current pert

Mar 27, 2013, 09:17 AM
    This is just a variation on the lovestruck guy going off to join the French Foreign Legion.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2013, 09:36 AM
    Reminds me of the story of "The Three Sillies" and the axe embedded in a beam in the basement.

The Storyteller Online - Dr. Mike Lockett
    current pert

Mar 27, 2013, 09:50 AM
    Trying to think of silly stories...
    Here's a true one:
    Cheyenne Mountain, NORAD's secure military site inside a mountain in CO, built to withstand a 30 megaton bomb.
    A friend of mine worked there during the Vietnam War. The massive double doors never worked right, so they were kept open unless bigwigs came to tour the place. Then an alarm went off and people scurried to be either in or out, knowing it would take forever for the geeks to get it open once it was closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where can a mom-type go to legitimately spent time with real men? [ 4 Answers ]

Before being a wife & mom, I was an active volunteer firefighter. Gave that up over 10 years ago. Just can't do the physical now w/ prolapses I've had and can't do the 'jump when my pager goes off' when I'd have to get a babysitter first! Lately, I've been very very depressed as I really miss the...

No Stability [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse and I moved 14 times in our marriage and we are getting ready to move again which makes 15 times. We have only been together in all 13 years. I am so tired of moving I don't know what I should do. I am not working right now and can't afford to move because I am in debt and I feel...

Emotional Stability [ 20 Answers ]

I have a lot going on in my personal life because I am involved in an extensive custody battle for my daughter, we currently have joint custody. Most recently he has decided that he interprets the parenting agreement to say that he has her this year for Christmas Eve AND Christmas morning, it has...

Trying to make and have stability [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old little boy, I am not with his father, we separated when my son was 8 months, after I found out he was sleeping around, he has made my life a living hell for the past 2 years, I have now found a wonderful partener that cares so much for my son and has his best interest at heart,...

Gasoline Stability [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Ford F-150 P/U that is only driven when we need a truck for something. It has dual tanks and I usually fill them both, empty them both, and fill both again. Probably only fill them up about five times a year. I recently read that gasoline goes stale over time. Does anyone know the life of...

View more questions Search