Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmhdcat Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2013, 01:57 PM
    Can anyone recommend any other TV shows or books?
    So in the past year or so, I've really enjoyed reading and watching a lot of Sci-Fi stuff. I like the books "Hunger Games", "I am Number Four", "Life of Pi", "Norwegian Wood", and a lot of graphic novels and manga. As for TV, my favorite show if Doctor Who. My question is if anyone has any other recommendations for new books a or TV shows to watch. I'm mostly looking for TV shows.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2013, 02:01 PM
    If you want the best in TV viewing, get Netflix. I have had for three years, for 8 dollars a month, maybe more where you are but I have been so happy with the service.

Tick
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Are you anywhere near a public library? Call or visit the YA department (or adult department) for lists of titles. Or Google the title of a book you like to find similar titles. For instance --

Young Adult Book Club - The Hunger Game Discussions: Books similar to THE HUNGER GAMES? (showing 1-50 of 113)

Search results for "life of pi" (showing 1-20 of 26 books)
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 10, 2016, 04:37 PM
    Have you seen the original "Doctor Who" series? Many people start only with the comeback and miss some of the greatest Doctors ever. My favorite is Tom Baker, who was the Doctor for SEVEN years!

By the way: There are many novelizations of the early episodes. I love being able to read a book based on my favorites, such as "Logopolis" and "Earthshock".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Recommend Authors/Books for me based on what I like? [ 45 Answers ]

Generally I go for Non-Fiction: a) US History 16th-19th centuries (Allan Eckert is my favorite). b) Biographies and stories of Explorers and Archaeologists (US, Europe and Middle East). c) Biographies and stories about "big wigs" such as Hitler, Stalin, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great,...

Books: what's your favorite one? Which one do you recommend? [ 32 Answers ]

I haven't picked up a book in a long time, and would really like to start reading again. I went to the library yesterday afternoon and found myself a little lost trying to pick out a book. I ended up with "The Bad Mother's Handbook" by Kate Long. It wasn't very good... I like books that keep me...

Books you'd recommend [ 3 Answers ]

Anyy good thriller or adventure books you think are really worth reading?

Recommend good books [ 7 Answers ]

I have had trouble lately finding good books to read. I wondered if anyone could recommend books they like. Lately I have enjoyed books with kind of depressing plots, with angst, attempted suicide and distraught friends, but I like happy endings. But I don't like to restrict myself to one genre,...

View more questions Search