Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 20, 2007, 01:44 PM
    AOL Overcharging me?
    Hi everyone, I need some advice, or even just opinions.

I have been an AOL customer for years now, and I upgraded to AOL gold almost 2 years ago. When I signed up I was paying £19.99 a month instead of the standard £24.99 a month the package cost back then. However AOL have rduced the package cost to £14.99 a month, but are still charging me £19.99. I have checked the t's and c's and nowehere does it say this is for new customers only, just that this is the package price. I contacted AOL who told me I am on AOL GOLD SUPER USER, but I cannot find any info on that package anywhere on their site or by googling it! Besides, I am not a super user, I never asked for that package, just AOL gold! I really think they are ripping me off here. Is it unreasonable to ask that my privce pan be reduced and to get back the money they have been overcharging me by each month for the last six months (it has been about a year but their waiver will only allow for 6 months if there is a discrepancy!)

I am in the UK by the way!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Is this dial up or high speed? Just wondering cause 19.99 pounds is well over 40 canadian dollars, that's actually very high, though 15 pounds would be high too.

Make sure its not one of those 14.99 for the firs 6 months deals and if not call and ask why your price wasn't lowered and say you'll cancel if they make up so bogus excuse about this. I thought this too with my cable company I called and they said yes we now charge 25 for the first 6 months, the fine print mentions the cost afterwards is 30, what you are paying now.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 20, 2007, 01:57 PM
    I have been paying the same £19.99 a month for two years nearly! It is for broadband, so called high speed though I beg to differ! They just won't reduce my package, the guy I spoke to yesterday just cut me off when I pointed out I was clearly being ripped off, and their head office is ignoring my emails! I would love to change ISP but I am moving home soon into my mums house for a while so can't sign up to another 12 months contract as I won't be here that long. I have checked all of their t's and c's and there is not a thing about it being a limited time, or any other exclusions. I am so annoyed with them.
    njnightnurse40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiffy
    Hi everyone, I need some advice, or even just opinions.

I have been an AOL customer for years now, and I upgraded to aol gold almost 2 years ago. When I signed up I was paying £19.99 a month instead of the standard £24.99 a month the package cost back then. However AOL have rduced the package cost to £14.99 a month, but are still charging me £19.99. I have checked the t's and c's and nowehere does it say this is for new customers only, just that this is the package price. I contacted AOL who told me I am on AOL GOLD SUPER USER, but I cannot find any info on that package anywhere on their site or by googling it! Besides, I am not a super user, I never asked for that package, just aol gold! I really think they are ripping me off here. Is it unreasonable to ask that my privce pan be reduced and to get back the money they have been overcharging me by each month for the last six months (it has been about a year but their waiver will only allow for 6 months if there is a discrepancy!)

I am in the UK by the way!
    I have had AOL for over 7 yrs... when I changed to cable from dial up they offered me also a $14.99 package which I took. My husband recently noticed charges in the beginning and the end of the month on our bank statement. One for the old price of $20 something and also the $14.99... when I check with the bank we found out we've been being charged this way since our change over to cable almost 5 yrs ago! Totalling over $600 We have been doubled billed all this time (how husband didn't notice before now... is beyond me) Well... we are getting nowhere with AOL and I am still not sure what to do at this point. To make things even worse I found out that I could have kept my AOL email for free... of course the thieves at AOL do not tell you that until you call to cancel! Crooks and thieves going into bank accounts double and triple charging... I wonder how many people they are doing this too. I did a search and the internet is full of similar complaints
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 23, 2007, 05:59 PM
    What I did when I was on AOL was call them up, told them to cancel account [was dial up at 20$ per month]. They knocked my monthly bill down to 10$.Some times you have to be a butthead . Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 dodge dakota 4cyl is overcharging! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I have a 1995 dodge dakota sport, 4cyl 5 speed with a problem that no mechanic will touch! I have replaced the alternator, computer ECM(has the voltage regulator built in), wiring to the altenator, a new fuel pump, distrubtor, pick-up coil, new battery and connectors to the battery. My...

1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L - overcharging [ 2 Answers ]

For several months my charging gauge read at or near the red-line. Over the past week it is almost pegged-out if no lights or heat is on (when lights and heat is on it drops to 16-17, but still in the red). I replaced the battery and altenator but the problem still persists. All other guages appear...

AOL Uk [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I run my own website and my router accepts incomming connections and I am on AOL uk but does anyone know if it against there TOS to host a website on my computer and link my domain to the ip? Thanks

AOL [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is roland montreuil I would like to know what is AOL what does it do for me should I keep it in my computer or how do I get rid of it thank you in advance for your answer have a good day roland montreuil

AOL [ 2 Answers ]

How can one get a list of entries to print from My Favorites on AOL? Thanks, Frankie

View more questions Search