Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joliman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 06:23 PM
    Word template auto fill-ins for letters
    I have template letters that often require multiple entries of the same information such as a first name of a party for instance the name varies for each letter so its not a user but the person or another party. How can I enter the name in once and have it populate each other section I want it displayed? Usually their are two different names so "party a" and "party b" in this case say Party A's name is Bill and Party B's name is Jill I would like the name Bill and Jill entered once and it populates where those names should be inserted.

Can you do this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2013, 06:49 PM
    You can set data fields in your Word Template. Look up data fields in Word help for details.

P.S. I moved this from Family Law since it clearly has nothing to do with it,
    joliman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 10:51 PM
    I am unable to work it out. I have done prompts and data fields but must be doing something wrong is their a step by step guide?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2013, 02:53 AM
    Try this tutorial: Using Fields in Microsoft Word - a Tutorial in the Intermediate Users' Guide to Microsoft Word

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to set up Word 2007 to auto-fill text? [ 3 Answers ]

I have search all over just to add a simple field or form to a template, that I can reuse in the documents I create. What I really want is a place-holder text called "Purchaser Name", and another called "Client Name", so that in a new document I could just click anywhere on "Purchaser Name" and...

Auto fill in word 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

I use the same sentence to close 85% of my outlook emails in word 2007. When I had 2003, I set my system up so that whenever I typed the first several characters of that sentence, word would automatically finish the sentence. How do I do that in 2007?

Excel to Word Auto Fill? [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to fill in 5 cells of information in Excel that automatically fill specific data fields in a Word document. Anyone know how to do this? HELP??

Creating a template in Word 2007 with auto-populate [ 4 Answers ]

In Word 2007, I am trying to create a fax cover sheet template that will auto-fill the user's name, title and email address. When Bob opens the template, it will auto-fill Bob Smith, Senior Manager, [email protected]. I do not want to create a template for each individual person. I want to have one...

View more questions Search