Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mick21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Phone Jack Wiring Scheme
    I cut the wires at the jack when I was going to tile the wall. I do not have land line service only dsl service. Can I re attach the colored wires together and eliminate the jack and still have dial tones in the rest of the house?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 25, 2013, 03:41 PM
    You already cut them - do you have dial tone elsewhere?
    Have you tried connecting them?
    That's easier than following all the lines around your cellar or inside walls.

This is beyond me if it's all modern wiring. I didn't pay the extra $50 for connecting the phone main box to cable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone jack wiring colors [ 4 Answers ]

I have old wiring. Wires coming out of wall are: Orange, green, blue, black White/black white/blue white/orange white/green white/brown Red/blue blue/red Help! Just want to connect a single line phone jack which has Red green black yellow wires. Which ones do I use.

Phone Jack Wiring Help [ 11 Answers ]

Ok... Well my phone jack upstairs has 2 of the 4 wires unconnected inside (I don't really know how to describe it but ask me if you need me to try harder) but thiers 4 wires inside when I open in and 2 of them seem to have snapped or came loose. Anyway I was wondering if someone could tell me how I...

Cat-5 wiring to a phone Jack which color scheme to use? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I need to place an extra phone jack for the computer. I want to use Cat-5 since I cannot get a hold of any Cat-3. I don't know which colors to use blue/w just blue both to do the connection from the main old time connection box in the basement to the phone jack. Any advice in how to choose...

Phone jack wiring [ 1 Answers ]

How is the jack to be wired to the wires coming from the wall?

Phone jack wiring [ 7 Answers ]

How do I convert jack that was used for a second line back to the primary line?

View more questions Search