Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimmyWu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Maytag side-by-side refrigerator low cabin cold upper cabin warm
    I have a maytag side-by-side refrigerator. I noticed that in the refrigerator section the low part ( where there is an air duct opening to the freezer). However, the upper part is warm. I have tried changing the temperature control it doesn't seem to be helping.

Apparently the freezer is working fine and I can feel cold air in the bottom hal the fridge. Because of this the food on the top shelves are getting spoilt because of the higher temperature.
    Please note that I am getting cold water, the freezer looks fine and the lower half of the fridge also feels cold. Is there something wrong in the valves so that the warm air is not going out. If so how do I check. The fridge is around 7 years old

Please help
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Sounds like your air circulation fan is not working or at least there is no circulation taking place. Check to insure that the vents are not blocked and that there is no ice built up inside the vent or on the coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fairly new Maytag side-by-side MSD2657HSE not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a 18month old side-by-side Maytag MSG2657HSE refrigerator. The freezer half works perfectly, but the refrigerator half has stopped cooling. Also just 2 days before this happened the following was noticied by my wife - During the day time she noticed that water was seeping out from the...

Maytag Wide by side cool not cold [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old Maytag wide by side fridge model #MZD2768GE that is not staying cold enough. The bottom of the freezer is cold enough to freeze water and I am getting Ice build up but the top is very warm, the fridge keeps warming up as well. If I load it up with ice I can keep it cool enough...

Maytag side by side Refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Just got a Maytag model # MSD2957AEW, Will not produce ice or water. Checked water line from source and plenty of water is going through the tubing. However nothing is going into the refrigerator. Bought it used and when disconnected from home everything worked. Could we have disconnected a wire...

Philips Whirlpool side-by-side not cold [ 1 Answers ]

It sounds like I have a very similar problem to the Samsung post below. My Philips Whirlpoool (American-style) fridge freezer starting beeping at midnight on Saturday night and the alarm panel flashed - by the morning both compartments were warm. Does anybody know if the solution suggested by...

Maytag side by side refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find the serial number. The paper on the door is worn off. Is there someplace else I can find it.

View more questions Search