Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Julloa50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2013, 05:52 PM
    How many watts I need to run 3 fans, 1 TV, I small pump, and 5 23 watt ligths?
    I want to get off grid and get on solar power, plan to use solar panels, controller, power inverter and deep cycle batteries. What combination of solar panels and batteries need to be able to run 3 fans, 1 fridge, 1 TV, 1 small pump, and 5 23 watt lights?
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Mar 24, 2013, 06:33 PM
    Add it all up. Watts divided by volts = amps. 1 HP (horse power) is about 750 watts. You have to do the math. Hope this helps!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2013, 07:19 PM
    You will need a lot of power. 125 watts for lights, motors, compressor for frige etc. You will probably find out the cost is way more than staying with the power company when you add up all the costs.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 05:38 AM
    My advice is for you to consult with a licensed electrician that is experienced in solar systems and windmills. Or an engineer. Another source would be a local community college engineering department.

There is way too much involved then just the amount of Watts. There are structural issues, amperage, storage, conversion to AC (inverter).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should both fans run all the time on a/c in a heat pump? [ 0 Answers ]

Have heat pump turn it on a/c and both fans run all the time. The blower fan and the big fan on top not that hot out yet. Is that the way they work?

Can a 2000 watt generator run a small electric chain saw [ 1 Answers ]

Can a 2000 watt portable generator run a small electric chain saw that's rated at 3.5 hp?

96 civic I turn the key and there's nothing at all no ligths don't even here fuel pump [ 1 Answers ]

It was working the very best and then then a couple hours later I turn the key and there's nothing at all no ligth nothing t all can't even here the fuel pump

How can I hook up 2 1500 watt power inverters to produce 3000 watts [ 2 Answers ]

How can I hook up 2 1500 watt power inverters to produce 3000 watts

Can I use 3500 watt water heater elements to replace 3800 watts? [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't actually pulled the elements yet but the tag on the water heater shows elements rated at 3800 watts. The ones readily available at the local big box are even numbered, 3500, 4500,5500. Can I use the 3500 watt rated elements to replace elements in this water heater?

View more questions Search