Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 26, 2005, 06:06 AM
    Spatial Sound
    According to the technology section of a well known British news organisation,the University of York,in the UK,and the University of Sydney,Australia,are jointly working upon a smart card which can 'program' the spatial sounds which your ear hears,so that you receive a 'true' perspective of how you hear sound.

They plan to install booths in cities and towns,so that you insert a smartcard,place on the booth headphones,and your spatial awareness is 'stored?' onto the smartcard.When you get home,you plug the card into 'new device?',plug in your headphones and your favourite band sound,well,better!

All they've got to do,apparently,is build an audio device with the correct codecs to make the whole project feasible.

What I am asking is,and I'm as paranoid as the next person,what if it actually works,then someone down the line,alters the booth/smartcard code to make you hear a message of their own."Do a dance in the street,etc.Or I love Microsoft!

Or am I that paranoid! :D

Apparently,it's all down to the shape of your ears.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2005, 08:01 AM
    Sound
    Hi,
    Life is just one day at a time.
    If Microsoft gets involved, there will be Beta versions, more bugs, then Service Pack releases, more bugs.
    Don't worry about stuff that hasn't happened yet.
    If you can do something about an issue, do it.
    If you can't, forget it. It's someone else's problem!
    Have a very great day,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound on TV [ 7 Answers ]

We moved the TV. It was unplugged for a day or two and then put back in the same location. It was never dropped or anything. Now the sound does not work. The picture is still perfect but no sound. There is a sound coming out of the TV though. It is almost like a faint grinding kind of sound. Not a...

No sound [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Got a Toshiba TV with scarts from DVD and cable. Picture OK but no sound. If I record on DVD then it plays back with sound. Everything OK when ordinary aerial used. VHS is OK with wire connection Any advice much appreciated. Cheers, Fred

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

No sound [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hp Pavilion 542x model which recently crashed. I did not have the recovery discs so I had to boot off an XP pro disc I had. Everything is working fine now except for the fact that I have no sound and I don't know where to get the drivers from. I know the sound card is integrated into the...

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search