Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mustangsally Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Death certificate
    Hi Experts,

I am doing a biographical search on a subject, minor nobility, who died in South of France, 1878 and would like to obtain death certificate, also find burial place.

She is buried in Nimes, Arles, maybe Nice.

Can anyone direct me how to get records in France, and a listing of cemeteries? Do cemeteries keep records of all who are buried there? Are these accessible online for geneaology purposes?

Thanks, S.
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Mar 20, 2007, 03:01 PM
    I'm no whiz on outside of the US research, but if it were me, my first two places to search for the info you need would be the microfilm records of the Mormons Family History Library and Cyndi's list. See my signature for the links.

Also be sure to check the surname and locality message boards at ancestry.com and genealogy.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Birth Certificate [ 4 Answers ]

My son has had his new born baby ever since she was 1 week old and now she is 6 months and he wants his name on her birth certificate how does he go about doing this with out child support?

Landlords wife don't have death certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I spoke with my landlords wife she told me he killed himself, he jump off a bridge, and they can't find the body. So section 8 said that they cannot put rent payments in her name, everything is in his name. So I figure that at some point they will stop rent payments because he's deceased. I really...

Stock certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of EL CID INTERNATIONAL? I have a certificate for 314,579 shares and can not find anything on it, I have sent it to a stock broker and they could not find anything on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Or how to research this more?

$5 silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a $5 silver cert... 1934 intact very few tears, but very worn and folded... but considering it 71 years old... its in pretty good shape.. let me know what it might be worth please :) thanks

View more questions Search