Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevy666 Posts: 127, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 04:57 PM
    Careers that major in horticulture?
    What are some careers that I could do if I decide to major in horticulture?

Are they widely needed? Or jobs that are hard to come by (in the US)?
    Locrian_44 Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Apr 23, 2013, 09:54 PM
    Horticulture and agriculture are the sciences of growing plants and animals for food and landscaping. Sure, depending on your ambitions, there are many worthwhile careers in horticulture. Agriculture is a billion dollar enterprise in the county where I live and we're still not in the top ten for the state. We all have to eat.

Ag/Hort graduates primarily find careers in farming and ornamental horticulture. I work in the agricultural field, and I must say that the work can be hard, and the good paying jobs are hard to find. Becoming a farmer or nurseryman takes considerable investment and risk. Farms and nurseries can be large businesses that hire lots of people - sales, production, and lots of manual labor. Be careful that you get the job you want. Academia, research, supporting services, supplies and the government hire ag/hort graduates to be scientists, teachers, technicians, salesmen, maintenance, growers, and inspectors.

This isn't the only place to look for jobs, but this will give you an idea of specific jobs that are out there: AgCareers.com - Agriculture Jobs & Agriculture Careers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Careers [ 1 Answers ]

How doyou become a expert on askhelpdesk and make a profit or you cant

New careers? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a hard time making a career choice. The one I have doesn't make enough for me and my children to survive on. I am ready to go back to school or do whatever it takes to get a better job but can't spend my whole life taking classes that I will never benefit from. Please help me make my...

How to get a Careers [ 2 Answers ]

How do you become a doctor and what cusses do you need

Other careers [ 1 Answers ]

Im currently working at a bank, but Im not a sales person and a lot of my goals deal with sales. I like working at the bank and helping peoples, I just don't like the sales part. What should I do?

View more questions Search