Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shannon P Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 08:02 AM
    Should I sue?
    Ok I applied at my home town McDonald's, they told me I couldn't work there because my boyfriend did. Him and I would have been on diifferent shifts. Well after that they started hiring people's family & everyone they were dating... also my sister worked there a few years earlier. I think they're being judgmental. They didn't like my boyfriend nor My sister. What should I do?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 08:05 AM
    I don't think there is much that you can do. You would have to be able to prove that they did something illegal in not hiring you. That would be very difficult for you to prove.

And... what would you hope to accomplish from this?

Mar 23, 2013, 08:19 AM
    I'm not the only one that heard them tell me I cannot work there because of my boyfriend. Him & I would have been two different shifts. Him morning me evenings. After I was told I cannot be hired because I was dating an employee, they hired my friends boyfriend. The two of them are on the same shift. I just don't think they should have been able to do that.
    Entomology Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Maybe they shouldn't have... but what do you hope to accomplish by suing? It's going to be tough to go after them for that and then, for what? You're not going to win any million dollar suit here.

If you're so stuck on it, try to find a lawyer that will take this. I think you'll have trouble with that but you may find one.

Mar 23, 2013, 08:57 AM
    I don't want money out of it. I just want them to know discrimination is wrong.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2013, 08:58 AM
    You have NO grounds for a suit. There is nothing illegal in them refusing employment to you unless there was discrimination because of age, sex, race, etc. I don't see that being the case.
    Entomology Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon P View Post
    I don't want money out of it. I just want them to know discrimination is wrong.
    So you would be willing to pay thousands of dollars to show your local McDonalds that discrimination is wrong but get nothing out of it?

And as Scott said, they did not discriminate against you.

Mar 23, 2013, 09:33 AM
    Thank you but no further help is needed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To sue or not to sue [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was employed by a company in NJ. He had open heart surgery in May of 2010. After a couple complications, he was released to return to work November, 2010. The company was being notified of his progress. He submitted to a physical by the company physician. Upon entering the company...

Where do I sue [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you for your timely answer. The original judges decisin was made in New Jersey but my granddaughter now resides in California with her mother but I don't have a current address on her. So which state do I sue in and how can I find out her address

What to do with out having to sue [ 1 Answers ]

I am canadian. An ex business partner owes me a significant sum of money from the sale of my share of the business to him. A payment date was set at Dec 31 2008 in a prommissary note drawn up by a Lawyer. As yet I have not been paid. I have demanded payment from him by April 30 he has assured me...

Should I sue [ 11 Answers ]

Money was stolen from my trust fund and estimated amount of 40,000-60,000 should I sue? Money was stolen from my trust fund a got a estimated amount of 119,639 my aunt pulled my funds early kicked me out bought me a house in 2002 that I didn't want! For about 40,000-45,000 I then got separate...

Who do I sue? [ 3 Answers ]

We are facing a pretty similar issue as most people on here but I haven't read anything as specific to some of my questions so I hope someone can help! Let me preface by saying we rented a house for about 8 months on a 1 year lease and had legal grounds to break our lease early due to extremely...

View more questions Search