Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2012Movies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 12:25 AM
    1970's film - Young man owns beach house and a beach bum playing jazz
    I'm seeking for the name of the film, director and actors about a movie of a young (possibly a fisherman) owns a beach house and I think has a octopus in a fish tank for a pet. Has a beach bum elderly friend who plays a jazz instrument. End of film, the bum dies from drowning. Does anyone recognize this film? >Email address removed per site rules<. Many thanks!
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 28, 2013, 03:31 PM
    Cannery Row (1982)
    Wikipedia synopsis:
    The story is about the skid row citizens of Monterey, California, set on the row during World War II. As declining fish stocks are shutting down a previously rich fishery and the dependent canning industry, bums and hookers lead colorful and adventurous lives in a balmy seaside setting.
    Doc (Nick Nolte), a self-employed marine biologist, lives in a dockside warehouse and researches octopi. Suzy DeSoto (Debra Winger), a girl from the local bordello, is working there only out of necessity.
    A collection of linked vignettes describe the locals and life on Cannery Row. It is depicted as an impoverished area inhabited by a motley band of people who have experienced failures but somehow have found their niche and a community of strangely kindred souls.
    Doc and Suzy don’t quite fit in but are accepted. Mac and the boys gather frogs to sell to raise money for a surprise party for Doc. Unfortunately, it turns into a brawl in which Doc’s octopi tank is shattered.
    Another character, the Seer (Sunshine Parker), spends his days playing his horn and wandering along the beach. /// He's the one who drowns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannery_Row_(film)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the song in the jewelry commercial where there is a 1970 car on the beach? [ 0 Answers ]

This commercial was out about 2 maybe 3 years ago it looked like they shot it in the mid 70's they used a brown two door 1970's car probably a olds toranado driving on the beach with the sun setting and a man and woman together. The song they used for this commercial was awesome, my wife and I have...

Removing Tan After Playing in Beach [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I am 27 years old female. I went to beach day before yesterday. I played in the beach for some 5-6 hrs. I had applied sunscreen of SPF 50 as usual not too much. After playing I took bath in clear water and I came out from bath room, my skin was so dark than earlier. I want to get rid...

A movie abot a young man teaching three older men how to attract women in a beach hou [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the title of a movie where three older men pay a young ,am to teach them how to attract women. I know it's an 80's movie and I remember them staying in a beach house. One scene, one of the men plays a Mexican or Spanish song on an accustic guitar while he is receiving oral sex and plays...

View more questions Search