Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lizmh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2013, 07:50 PM
    Expungement
    I was 18 when I got arrested for credit card fraud. The judge dropped my felony to a misdemeanor put me on summary probation for 3 years. I expunged my record when I was 21. Will this affect my employment opportunities in the medical field? As a caregiver or CNA?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 23, 2013, 07:07 AM
    It could, easily.
    Read this: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/us...anted=all&_r=0

Expungements have never meant totally gone, even before the electronic age. They were available to law enforcement. But now it's a tossup.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2013, 09:31 AM
    Absolutely agree with Joy - some agencies will find it and care on a background search. Others will not.

I would not spend money on education without some sort of decision that you can get a license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expungement [ 4 Answers ]

Judge denied expungement because there were no legal reasons for the expungement. What does this mean?

Expungement [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested in 2008 for possection of marijauna. Since it was my first arrest ever, I only received community service and later got it expunged. That was four years ago. Will it show up on my background check and cause me not to get this job?

Expungement [ 2 Answers ]

I was a convicted of larceny and forgery 16 years ago. I was sentenced to 4years 11 months at Fort Knox RCF. The crime was for about $1500 in credit card theft. I was young and dumb. I just want to clear it so I can move furthur in my career. What do I do?

Expungement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi What if I go to the visa interview after expungement ? Is there any chances of re opening the case ? Is it safe if I re open the case and what I am elligeble even after I reopen the casse for expungement ? :confused:

View more questions Search