Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leslie69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2013, 07:46 PM
    My mother in law has a lot of mental and phyisical issues, and causing a lot of problem
    My mother in law was diagnosed with emphasima and mental issues that cause her to feel she should die, and committing suicide. She has called the cops on my husband because she says he is causing elder abuse, when all he wants is for her to get better and be around for our kids. She doesn't see it that way, she thinks we are being hard on her, but in truth we love her. She needs help, and I need to find out how we can get her help, please answer me asap. We are at a loss, and it is causing more problems with our family than we can handle with 4 teenagers.

Please help us,
    Leslie Curtis
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 07:49 PM
    What is being done that she doesn't like?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2013, 04:05 AM
    You posted this in the Family Law forum. Are you looking for a legal solution or just advice on how to deal with the situation.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 23, 2013, 04:57 AM
    'i need to find out how we can get her help'
    She won't qualify for commitment to a mental hospital unless she is actively making concrete plans to kill herself, and that would be your only option to try (and patients are usually kept 15 days, tops). You can't force her to get medical care for her emphysema, regardless of how long or why you want her to live. If she is miserable being unable to breathe, and her medical condition is being treated, then let her at least have some relief by wishing her life were over, and give her more hugs and less grief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a lot? [ 4 Answers ]

I see so many posters spelling "a lot" as one word, when in fact it is two. Please read this blog and break the cycle!! Hyperbole and a Half: The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

What if your mother in law shows a lot of hatered and hasad all the time , how to deal [ 0 Answers ]

I want to know if your mother in law hates you and can't see happy with her son all the time , also when they are living with you also and husband has the responsibility to take care. What does islam say wife should do when she is at a point to take no more abuses.

View more questions Search