Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Smoothy, I have older pics of me with less on, but I'm not posting them here, I want to stay on AMHD. :)

I'm trying to find a picture of me covered from head to toe so that WG doesn't think I was a tramp.
    I was kidding... I know posting something like that would go over like a lead balloon here.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:00 PM
    I know how to get members over here. I'll retitle the thread -- "Revealing Photos of Alty." Or "Alty, Up Close and Personal."
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You must not be German-Lutheran. The Hannover crowd didn't feel that way.
    I'm German, and I was raised Lutheran. But remember, I didn't come to Canada until I was almost 4. My parents were in their 30's when they moved. In Germany nudity isn't a big deal. Nudity is a fact of life. The naked body is nothing unusual.

We went on vacation often, there are many beaches in Germany. There's not one vacation picture of me where I'm dressed. I'm on the beach, surrounded by people, and I'm completely naked. That was the norm.

It was very different when we came to Canada.
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:02 PM
    I know how to get members over here. I'll retitle the thread -- "Revealing Photos of Alty."
    Don't you dare. I'm only posting pictures of me until others realize that it's not that big a deal, and start posting pictures of themselves.

I think we have a lot of chickens on this site. Ya, I said it. Chickens!

Did that work? Are they posting now?
    Pets Expert

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I was kidding....I know posting something like that would go over like a lead balloon here.
    I know you were kidding. It wouldn't only go over like lead here, I'm not sure my husband would be too happy about it either. ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

It was very different when we came to Canada.
    That's because it's cold in Canada.
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:03 PM
    People, if you don't start posting I'll post pictures of my pets!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:05 PM
    Can you find me (6th, 7th, and 8th grade in one room)?
    Name:  pic.6th-7th-8th.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  122.1 KB
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:06 PM
    How do you put the picture in the post? This is why I never post pictures of me.
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:11 PM
    LOL! We do have Spring, and summer, and fall, and winter. Granted, winter is the longest season, but we do have the others, and it's very nice here in the summer, even in the spring, once spring actually decides to kick in.

I grew up not being scared about my body. I'm still that way, so are my kids.

I remember the first time we took Jared to Penticton (our family vacation spot, we went there every year, when we didn't go back to Germany to visit). My parents were with us, Jared was not yet a year old. We were on the beach, he had a little swimmer on (it's like a bathing suit diaper, it's disposable). He was playing in the sand, and the sand got into everything. We were about to go back to the campground, so I took off his little swimmer, realized that sand was in places that sand shouldn't be. So before I put on a diaper, I decided to rinse the sand off in the lake.

At least 3 people said "You should put some clothes on your son. This isn't a nude beach. No one needs to see your sons penis". He was 11 months old! I was washing off the sand! To this day I didn't understand how people could freak out about that. It never would have happened in Germany. In fact, in Germany, when Jared was almost 3, we went to an outdoor swimming pool, and he swam naked, along with the rest of the kids, for the entire day. It wasn't an issue. In fact, it was the norm.

I think too many people think that nudity is bad, when it really isn't. Every one of us are naked under our clothes. Why should that be a shameful thing? I never will understand why.
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    How do you put the picture in the post? This is why I never post pictures of me.
    Ah my young one, I will teach you. Take my hand, and do what I say, you will be fine. :)

1. look at the box you're posting on. There is a row of options on top of it, a big bold B, a slanted I, an underline U, lines (left, center and right) and more. If those options aren't there, you'll have to go outside the box, on the bottom, and click the advanced button. If those options are there, click the paper clip.

2. When you click the paper clip a new box will appear. The "Manage Attachments" box. Click browse.

3. Go to wherever you keep your pictures, find the one you want to post, then double click on it. Now you'll be back at the "Manage Attachments" box.

4. Right beside the three spaces that allow you to browse, you'll see "upload". Hit it.

5. When your picture is uploaded there will be a link, in blue, under the "current attachments" section in your "manage attachments" box.

6. Close the box by hitting "x".

7. You're now back at the "answer question" box. Click on the paper clip again, and you'll see your uploaded link under it. Click on it.

8. Your picture is not posted to your post. You can post around it, under it, wherever you want. When you submit your answer, your picture will be posted. :)
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Can you find me (6th, 7th, and 8th grade in one room)?
    Name:  pic.6th-7th-8th.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  122.1 KB
    Fifth in the front row. I'm only guessing her because your name is scrawled on her shirt. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:34 PM
    Fifth in the front row. I'm only guessing her because your name is scrawled on her shirt. :)
    Nope. That was another Carol. I wouldn't identify myself, now, would I. ;) . I was in 6th grade and short, so had to stand on a table. Back row, last one on the right.

The boy in the middle of the back row, Duane -- years after this photo was taken, my dad died of a massive heart attack before the start of a church meeting that was supposed to be held at Duane's house.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 06:38 PM
    Okay, did this work?
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Okay, did this work?
    It worked, and OMG! Now that I see a picture of little Synn, I can honestly say that your little L is the spitting image of you! He's your mini me!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 23, 2013, 01:39 AM
    Alty, it's a STICKY here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...ers-43867.html
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 04:47 AM
    Lets try these:

An old one, I think from 1977, and a recent one. The new one is as big as I can get before it blurs.
    Attached Images

smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2013, 07:14 AM
    And the shrinkage thing when its cold... ;)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 07:56 AM
    I don't have many pictures of myself and most of the ones I do have, have guns in them... here are the most recent ones I could find.

4 years ago on vacation with my best buddy in the picture.

Fishing 4 years ago.

Taking my daughter on her first motorcycle ride in 2009.
    Attached Images

Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 12:08 PM
    Same recent shot, better resolution
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work permit for a non-EU member in Spain while my spouse(EU member) will stay in UK [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I live in the UK with my wife. She is an EU member and I am non-EU member. I am moving first to Spain for work reasons there but my wife will stay in UK for at least 4 months then she will join me. The Spanish company does not sponsor me to get a work permit so I need to apply for...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

View more questions Search