Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raouf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Chilled water pressurization unit
    1- what is the function of the pressurization unit in chilled water system and can the system operate with out it i.e with expansion tank only
    2-what the correct arrangement of pressurization unit+expansion tank+air separator.. I mean how these are linked together
    maaas06 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 09:09 PM
    PU is to maintain the initial pressure of system and to make up any leak in the system, the PU and expansion tank shall be in the same line connected to the return header of pumps, if there is an air separator on the return side, then the line of PU and expansion tank can be connected to the line of ai release valve from the air separator (there is a line come out from the top of air separator to the AAV) you can connect in between the air separator and the AAV
    maaas06 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 09:20 PM
    Yes the system can work without the PU and with expansion tank only
    But if you lost the pressure! What you will do?. you need to fill again with treated water... so PU can do that automatically
    But the important is the EXPANSION TANK...

I hope this useful
    MechanicalGuy04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 03:03 AM
    Please tell me why it is to be placed only in the return and how the system losses pressure?? Reason..
    Thanks and reply is appreciated. ( I am very new to this field and working as HVAC site engineer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

Chilled water pump for HVAC [ 15 Answers ]

Kindly let me know what pump I should use for a chilled water close loop system where required flow rate is 102 m3/hr and the max. hight of building is 100 ft.

Chilled water pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am very new to askmehelpdesk.com. My question is, The building height is 300m. There are 6 chilled water risers going up to 125m height. The chilled water flow rate of each riser as follows. Riser 1 & 2 - 150l/s Riser 3 & 4 - 180l/s Riser 5 & 6 - 100l/s Chilled...

Aircondition Unit Dripping Water [ 3 Answers ]

The pipe that runs from my air condition unit to the outside of the house is dripping water. I went into the attic and the unit is dripping water from the corners at the bottom. What could be the problem and how to fix it?

View more questions Search