Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2005, 09:09 PM
    Trouble Installing System File
    My motherboard CD will no longer install monitoring information.

A dialogue box pops up with the header:
    16 bit Windows Subsystem

The message reads: C:\Windows\System32\autoexec.nt

"The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Window Applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

I am running Windows XP and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Any suggestions please?
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 26, 2005, 09:53 AM
    Same Problem
    I had this same problem, but I did not keep the file that explained how to solve it, but I did find it on Microsoft's website, if you search their site for that problem or search Google, you should be able to find a fix for it.

If not then your only option is to save everything and reformat, that's where a slave drive for backups, comes in handy.

;)
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Jan 28, 2005, 07:17 AM
    Howdy:

If you do a search on your c: drive for the autoexec.nt file, you will find it in a few places..

Now you have a couple of choices.. you can simply copy the file located at one of the other areas of Windows and place it in the "C:\Windows\System32\" folder thus overwriting the old file or you can run the following "fix"..

http://www.degs.co.uk/files/autoexec.nt/xppro_fix.exe

Murray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing transformer for Alarm System [ 10 Answers ]

Hello I am wanting to install a new transformer for my alarm system. The old one was taken out by a friend and was incorrectly installed according to him (an electrician). It is a 16.5 V transformer which sat at the bottom of the panel. It has 2 black wires coming from it. There is a place...

Installing a 2 sump pump system [ 1 Answers ]

I got a client asking me how I can install a 2 sump pump system in case one fails or the power goes out Anyone can send me some pictures how to do so please the job needs to be done tomorrow It would be nice to get good detail how to install the 2 pumps Submersible only ...

Installing operating system on external drive [ 5 Answers ]

Can you please give me any help on installing Win98se on an external hard drive ? My main OS is Win XP and I can't seem to install 98se on the external drive. I can't boot up XP in DOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I have several old programs which I can't use on XP. Such as Adobe...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

View more questions Search