Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Mar 21, 2013, 04:35 PM
    Sex question
    Can you get pregnant if you have unprotected sex while on your period?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 04:51 PM
    Yes.

Mar 21, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Even if the guy pulls out
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 05:21 PM
    Yes. (Pulling out is the worst ever excuse for birth control.)
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Yes to both. How old are the two of you?

Mar 21, 2013, 06:01 PM
    We are both 19 why? But if he pulls out wouldn't that you protect you?
    Education Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar18 View Post
    We are both 19 why? but if he pulls out wouldn't that you protect you?
    No, you definitely need to educate yourself about sex and pregnancy. Pre-ejaculate contains sperm. How late is your period?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 06:03 PM
    We are both 19 why? but if he pulls out wouldn't that you protect you?
    Absolutely not! There is sperm in the early fluids that are released before the "pulling out."

Mar 21, 2013, 06:07 PM
    No it's not late. Well I know there is such thing as pre-ejaculation but I thought it doesn't contain sperm
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 06:36 PM
    no it's not late. Well I know there is such thing as pre-ejaculation but I thought it doesn't contain sperm
    You thought wrong. There is sperm in pre, and all it takes is one. If you're using the pull out method, it's called 'trying to conceive".
    Education Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 06:40 PM
    no it's not late. Well I know there is such thing as pre-ejaculation but I thought it doesn't contain sperm
    It does, and you'll have to hope you're not pregnant, that is unless you want a baby.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    It does, and you'll have to hope you're not pregnant, that is unless you want a baby.
    I'm guessing that she does since she's having unprotected sex. Even with protection pregnancy is possible. She's not using protection, so she must be trying to conceive.
    Education Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I'm guessing that she does since she's having unprotected sex. Even with protection pregnancy is possible. She's not using protection, so she must be trying to conceive.
    I think so, too.

Mar 22, 2013, 02:26 AM
    Well I thought girls don't ovulate during their period so its hard to get pregnant. I thought it was two days before your period is when you ovulate and the last day of your period.

And no I don't want a baby I didn't expect it to happen
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Mar 22, 2013, 03:27 AM
    Superstar the bottom line is that 365 days of the year if you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant if he pulles out or not. So you have the choice protection or chil.

And you should kind of know this at your age hun?

For information even before entering a woman a man simply being excited will release pre that has sperm in it just not as many but they are there.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Well I thought girls don't ovulate during their period so its hard to get pregnant. I thought it was two days before your period is when you ovulate and the last day of your period.
    PLEASE do some research on this. MOST women ovulate 2 weeks after their last period starts. However, this is based on a strict 28 day cycle, and it's not true of EVERY woman.

Unless you are taking your basal body temperature EVERY morning and tracking your own ovulation, then you don't have a clue when YOU ovulate, and it could be any time.

Go get on birth control, preferably something you don't have to worry about missing, and make your guy wear a condom EVERY time. Birth control can and does fail--I got pregnant using three forms of birth control correctly, the second time I ever had sex.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2013, 07:11 AM
    In view of the number of "does he like me, doesn't he like me questions" I would suggest abstinence.
    fdsaqwerish Posts: 30, Reputation: 14

Mar 24, 2013, 01:29 AM
    Hello Superstar,

You are taking unnecessary risks by having unprotected sex. Aside from pregnancy there are various STD/I's that may be transferred to you or your partner. Unless both of you have been checked I would not suggest unprotected sex. Even if there are no distinctive symptoms one of you may still have one. Chlamydia, for example, can be highly asymptomatic. I am in no way trying to scare you but I wish to warn you of the risks you are taking. In reference to pregnancy, yes. While less likely than during other times of ovulation there is still always a risk during menstruation. Also pulling out has been disputed for many years but in the end I say why risk it? Pre-ejaculatory fluid is actually meant to neutralize the acidity in the urethra to protect sperm, meaning if arousal has gotten to this point then the sperm are quite ready to be discharged. Please ask your partner to wear a condom or consider another form of contraception.

-fdsaqweish

Mar 24, 2013, 10:46 PM
    Well it's my first time so I wouldn't have an std unless he had one which I highly doubt. But yeah you guys are right I need to protect myself I didn't know we were going to have it until it was too late. I'll be seeing my doctor in the next couple of weeks. I just wasn't sure if you could get pregnant on your period because I heard no and I heard yes you can
    fdsaqwerish Posts: 30, Reputation: 14

Mar 24, 2013, 10:53 PM
    Superstar,

I hope your first time was something special, everyone deserves that. I'm glad that you will be seeing a doctor soon and I am glad that in the future contraception will be used. But the bottom line is you can theoretically get pregnant at anytime. Regardless I hope that you and your boyfriend have a happy future together. Goodluck, and keep us updated!

-fdsaqwerish

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help please with my question about sex.. [ 4 Answers ]

My boy friend is 40 and lately we have. Sex once a day but offten on round 2 he goes limp whole were making love.. howcqn we fix this please

Sex question? [ 12 Answers ]

I haven't had sex for 2 years and I keep having sex dreams why? I don't want to just go out there and do anybody what should I do?

Sex question [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 19 and when I use condoms the latex ones it stinggs and burns and a little ichy does that mean I'm alergic to them?? And when I'm hornnnyy I don't get wet as much but I'm like horny why does that happen and that always happen?

Sex question! [ 3 Answers ]

I have been taking ovulation tests for about a month and I finally tested positive. I had intercourse to try to get pregnant during the 48 hours now how long should I wait to take a pregnancy test and be sure it will show up? :confused:

View more questions Search