Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amirvin92 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 02:10 PM
    Starting your own business
    How or what would I need to start my own business in photography?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 06:55 PM
    Photography equipment, knowledge and ability in photography, state and probably federal licenses/permits, lots of money...

Really, it's not as easy as coming here and asking people to lay it all out for you. You will have to do as I did when I started my business. You will need to go to your state website and start researching. You will need to go to your local small business place and ask them for help. You will need to find others that are doing the same thing and maybe they can guide you. You will need to talk to attorneys and accountants. There really is so much to starting something that a simple post on a Q&A site is not even going to come close to giving you what you're looking for.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 07:21 PM
    Well, for starters, a camera might be helpful. ;)
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Mar 21, 2013, 11:24 PM
    There are a lot of resources out there, A couple of my favorites are SCORE, service core of retired executives. Local chapters match up mentors with newbies that have experience in the same or similar field. Look them up. Try talking with a successful photographer. The SBA, small business administration, offers classes and info on making business plans, obtaining loans... Ask around at the local university extension, or technical college. Talk with a photography instructor. Allright then, get going!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help starting my own business [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone... I'm very, very interested in starting my own business. I have all the ideas in my head, and the area where I live.. what I want to open, doesn't have one. I have no idea where to start. I feel so overwhelmed to the point where I just sit and talk about it. That's it. ...

Starting My Own business [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I came to ask if anyone has experience in setting up a business and what the best way of going about it is. What is likely to be an asset to the company? How should I advertise my business and what are the pro's and con's of starting a business? The company is to sell ready made computers...

Starting my own business [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to start a business and are there any places where you can get a business plan kit? Also I am looking for financial assistance. Can you help?

Starting up in business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi please could you give me advice as to where I start , in starting my own cleaning firm. Where to go?any grants available etc thank you very much

View more questions Search