Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adq05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 10:02 AM
    My daughters bio father has no rights, can my husband to be adopt her
    Since day one my daughters biological father has never been in the picture, I have all the rights over my daughter. No DNA test stating who the biological father is, he doesn't appear on the birth certificate, etc. I'm getting married next month and my husband to be wants to adopt my daughter. What's the procedure? Can the adoption be possible without having to try and contact the biological father?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2013, 11:10 AM
    Where do you get that the father has no rights... were they ever taken away by the court? If they weren't then he very much still does have them.

Unless you can convince the adoption court this was an immaculate conception... you are going to have to name the father and a DNA test done to confirm it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 21, 2013, 12:33 PM
    Sorry, you are laboring under a misconception. The bio father has rights, he just has to go to court to enforce them. In any adoption, BOTH bio parents will need to approve the adoption. Therefore you will have to identify the father, his paternity will have to be confirmed and his agreement obtained for the adoption.

You NEED an attorney to prepare the paperwork and advise what you need to do to get the bio father's agreement.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Do you know why thousands of children ARE NOT adopted in the USA?. Because they are "legally at risk". That means the biological father may appear at any time and the adoption to be reversed based on his ignorance of that adoption proceeding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband adopt daughter/Bio father deceased [ 6 Answers ]

What if the bio is not on the certificate?

How can my husband legally adopt my daughter if the bio father had his rights taken [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 4 years old and will be 5 next month. My husband is the only father that she has known since she was 6 months old because the bio-father had his rights taken away from him because he's a sex offender. We have 2 other children and we want to make it to where she is LEGALLY his as...

In Ne is it possible to get around finding a bio father, for my husband to adopt? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 10 months old, and my husband and I would like for her to have our last name. We are not sure who her bio father is, but we are trying to get the person who I am sure it is to do a paternity test and he hasn't complied with it or anything else. Is there anyway that we could just do...

My daughters father is dead and my soon to be husband wants to adopt her [ 3 Answers ]

My daughters father is dead and died when I was 5 months pregnant so there is no way to do a dna to tell she is his and his name is not on the birth cirtificated and my soon to be husband would like to adopt her as his and I would like to know what I have to do

I want husband to adopt daughter from drug using bio father! [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to adopt my daughter. I know we have to be married before he can do so but I just want to know how to start this process. Her bio father has a huge record been to jail over 10 times for stealing drugs wrecks and also DWI ++more. He's 25 lives with his mom and can't keep a job. He...

View more questions Search