Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deeceej Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 01:14 AM
    Swan lake movie
    There was a film of swan lake around 1970 - 72 that did the cinema rounds here in Australia. I thought it was from the New York Ballet, but have no luck chasing the origin or any references to it. Excellent production, with many dramatic close ups and not the usual stage view from the seats that they usually are, more dramatised. Anyone can help?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 08:31 AM
    deeceej - welcome to the site! You posted in the correct forum, you're looking for a film version of the ballet, correct? Possibly this?
    Schwanensee (1967) - IMDb
    http://www.fandango.com/swanlakevien...57/plotsummary

Mar 21, 2013, 04:58 PM
    Hi Sandy,

Definitely a movie of the ballet swan lake, I went to see it 6 times in the 1970's, and that it the problem I can't find it listed anywhere.

Mar 21, 2013, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    deeceej - welcome to the site! You posted in the correct forum, you're looking for a film version of the ballet, correct? Possibly this?
    Schwanensee (1967) - IMDb
    Swan Lake (Vienna State Opera Ballet) Synopsis - Plot Summary - Fandango.com
    aliseaodo, no not this one, I remember Rudolph in this, it seemed he was never going to die at the finale. The dancers were not so well known, just a brilliant movie.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 05:38 PM
    Where did you watch it?

Mar 21, 2013, 11:09 PM
    I went to the epping cinema in Melbourne, australia, and possibly another cinema also, as I said it was 40 years ago now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obscure Children's Swan Movie (80s or 90s) [ 9 Answers ]

I've looked everywhere and cannot find any mention of this movie that follows Hans Christian Andersen's 'The Wild Swans' almost exactly: I remember watching a movie in the late 80s/early 90s about a princess whose brothers (I can't remember how many) are turned into swans by the queen, who is an...

Search for a swan lake cartoon [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I've been looking for a cartoon about swan lake which I saw in the 80s or early 90s, but it's not the 1981 anime version, or the 1994 Disney film The Swan Princess, or the Barbie one. So I'm stuck. The problem is I can't really describe what I remember, which is just Odile and Odette's face, I...

Lake monster movie? [ 3 Answers ]

I recall a movie from awhile ago that involved these children in search of a lake monster. I'm pretty sure at some point a child left an oreo on the dock which the monster ate. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is really bugging me.

Reggae version of Swan Lake [ 19 Answers ]

Driving me nuts, have been trying for years to find this, it's an instrumental, prob 70's don't know who it's by, just that it's a reggae version of 'Swan Lake' not sure of proper title either, any help appreciated??

Lake. Name of a movie! [ 9 Answers ]

I was watching a movie about a couple going on a camping trip and run into truble with some guys while camping... they kidnap his girlfriend... its called _____ lake or lake_____. I think in the description the kidnaped her for breeding purpuses.

View more questions Search