Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jt322 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 07:12 PM
    How do I file an intent to defend in montco pa small claims court
    When you file the intent to defend do you file an answer to the complaint with affirmative defenses... I am in montgomery county pa district court which is small claims
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 07:26 PM
    In many small claims courts, an "intent to defend" is, essentially, the same as an answer. I doubt that the small claims rules where you are require "technical" pleadings like affirmative defenses.

Usually all the judge wants to know is whether you are going to contest the suit or not.

What affirmative defense do you want to present?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2013, 04:15 PM
    COURT NAME HERE

PLAINTIFF NAME

V

DEFENDANT NAME

CASE #

NOTICE OF INTEND TO DEFEND

I, your name, hereby give Notice of Intent to defend the above titled case, and

Demand strict proof of the alleged claim.

REQUEST FOR JUDICIAL NOTICE

Defendants who are unschooled in the law and ask that the court take

Judicial Notice of the enunciation of principles as stated in "Haines v. Kerner,

404 U.S . 519," wherein the court has directed that those who are

Unschooled in law making pleadings and/or complaints shall have the court

Look to the substance of the pleadings rather than the form, and also hereby

Makes the attached memorandum, including the related documents attached

Herewith, in the above-referenced case.Furthermore, Defendant's hereby

Requests the judge notify them of any sua sponte,rights or remedies they

May overlook.

-----------------------------
    Defendant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Defendant file request for admissions in small claims court Colorado? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm being sued for a bad credit card in small claims county court in Colorado. I filed my answer with the clerk denying their claims. Does Colorado law require that they attach a copy of legal assignment of debt from Original Creditor? I cannot find this in the small claims rules. Their lawyer did...

How long do you have to file a claim in small claims court in buffalo, ny? [ 2 Answers ]

This problem happened two years ago when I bought the house. I had to pay to have the frontyard dug up and the sewer pipes replaced. The people I bought the house from said they never have had any problems with water in the basement. The plumber said the pipes were all broken due to tree routes....

Max to file in small claims court [ 3 Answers ]

What is the max you can file in small claims court for emotional distress?

Friend claims I owe him money and is taking it to small claims court [ 2 Answers ]

I was on holiday with a friend who booked and paid for a trip. When we got home he asked me for the money for this trip. He never told me how much it cost or that he would want me to contribute until afterwards. I have told him that he should have asked first and I wouldn't have gone as I cannot...

Filed INtent To Defend, Now CC company wants to settle Out of court [ 1 Answers ]

First of all thank you to all who advised me on how to help my parents. I filed the Intent to Defend with the Court and also asked for a hearing and for the Credit Card company to provide the court and myself with proof of the original signed contract. My parents got 2 letters today, one from...

View more questions Search