Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Dentistry problems
    I had a tooth replaced with another fake tooth that was posted into the tooth that broke, first off what is that called and secondly later I needed a partial which attached to that one and now it's loose, should the dentist have done that? Shouldn't he have known that could happen? It is my front eye tooth so now what a permanent implant? I spent a lot of money fixing my teeth with this dentist and now I;m broke!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 05:01 PM
    I do admit I would have done it differently, but did he have to be aware that money was in issue with you?

The tooth that was posted in is a legitimate way of repairing a broken tooth. That one was okay, what I question is the attachment of another one to the posted tooth.

If that partial is loose, then he has to fix it no charge. Anything else at this point in time would be much better, but would be more money.

I guess you can't do very much about it now but go back to him, discuss it, get it fixed no charge, or go to another dentist.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 05:01 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "fake tooth" since that is what an implant is. But if you had a partial, why was that fake tooth not part of the partial, unless it was an implant?

But sorry, why did you not do implant to start with, or a have partial of all of the teeth missing
    ladybell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 07:25 PM
    Hi, the partial isn't loose the partial caused my implanted tooth to come loose,it attached to that tooth, and you have to take the partial off for cleaning and it pulled on that tooth each time I had to take the partial out. Sorry for the miss understanding.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 02:56 AM
    It wasn't exactly a 'clean' application if the partial pulled on the implant every time you took it out for cleaning. Before leaving the dentist office, the dentist must check to make sure that everything moves smoothly without a hitch.

I misunderstood you too, ladybell, thinking that the second tooth that was done was somehow attached to the posted tooth. In any event, that is understood now,

Think you should go back to the dentist, if not then another dentist who will do it correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dentistry [ 4 Answers ]

What problems can bad tooth cause

Dentistry [ 3 Answers ]

How many dentists are there in the Peel Region

Dentistry [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a doctor in india. 12 years ago, I went to dental college hospital , chennai seeing a black stained area along the fissure of occlusal surface of the two molars in the left mandible on lower jaw. I was not told properly what problem I was having . The intern there drilled my teeth...

Dentistry [ 1 Answers ]

Basic Equipments In A Dental Outpatient

View more questions Search