Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    payroll123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Federal CAF Number
    We are a payroll service and have been using our assigned CAF number for years. All of a sudden a couple months ago, every time I call the IRS, I am told our CAF number is not valid and they refuse to speak to me.
    Am I able to apply for another? Or does a CAF# expire and have to be re-applied for every so many years?
    It is so frustrating as half the IRS agents I speak with don't even know what a CAF # is or whom I should speak with about my issue.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get CAF number for POA? [ 10 Answers ]

I had filed 2 tax returns for my friends. They received their Refund check. How can I get CAF number for form 2848? When I filed the returns I entered NONE in the space. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you

Can federal CAF number be used on state returns? [ 3 Answers ]

I use a CAF number to sign my daughter's federal tax returns on her behalf. Can I also use it to sign her state tax returns?

How do I apply for a CAF number [ 3 Answers ]

How do I apply for a CAF number? I am applying for POA on a form 2848 and the form asks for a CAF.

CAF Number [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a published list of CAF numbers assigned by the IRS? If not, is there a way to find an individual CAF number?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.