Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katrina jane higgo Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Dads drinking. Why hasn't god listen to my prayers
    Please can someone help me I feel like I just want to break down and cry , my dad has had a problem with a nerve in his spine so they think for 5 yrs now he is in so much pain he has seen so many docters had so many test no one knows what's wrong with him.. he used to drink a lot when we were young and my mum couldn't take it anymore they split for a year which destroyed us all and has left its scares on each of us in the form of other addictions.. the thing is he's been OK.. I have just come to stay with them and my heart is broken to see him soooo down and drinking so so much sneeking gin into wine and wine into tea cups god why.. just feel so helpless.. I came to stay to get away and have a break fom my life as I just don't know what to do.. but being here is just making me feel so bad ijust want to stand on top of a mountain and scream god WHY!! In the bible its says if when you ask in prayer you believe it will be.. I put my heart into prayer everyday for weeks really believing gods promise.. why is it so bad his pain and now drinking its like he wants to die... please someone help me I feel so helpless and broken.
    tristin Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Sometimes God doesn't answer prayers because you may not like his answer. Why don't you sit down and talk with your dad about what is bothering you. Let me know if you don't understand what I meant and what happens
    Beverly Novak Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 12:50 PM
    I know your pain, the bible, that is whare you will find the truest answer, when we pray we must remember that every thing happens in Gods time meaning that God in his perfect wisdom determins what prayers are most ergent down to least and as you see in the News there are a lot of pain and suffering, but don't loss faith because he really dose care, and loves you and family very much, be stronge sister, and keep praing! I love you too, God bless and protect you and yours. Your Newest Best Friend Beverly Novak
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Hello katrina:

Go to Al-Anon. Look 'em up in your town.

excon
    jennyk11605 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Just because you pray for somethig, it doesn't mean its going to happen. What I mean is just because you want it, it doesn't always mean that its Gods will. Being a christian means that you need to have faith and trust in god that he will answer your prayer when the time is right. Sometimes God does things to test us, to make us stronger. You'll get through this and when you do you'll be able to testify to what god has done for you and your father. Read the chapter in the bible called job, it always reminds me that god nows best and to trust him. Also sweetie remember the poem "footprints"... it was then that I carried you! I'll keep you and your father in my prayers. Goodluck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Prayer is always heard and God does answer, but just like the People of Isreal who had to wait 100's of years for God to send Moses to free his people, God has his own time frame for all things that happen.

Next we have to remember that Satan is still the prince of this world and has been since the fall, and that part of mans punishment since the fall is pain and suffering on earth.

We also have to understand while I love and respect all my christian brothers that teach riches and prosperity, the 12 that followed Christ did not live to retire on ocean front property, they all suffered badly. And Paul spent most of his latter years in prison.

God is good, and he does promise us peace and love if we accept him. But it is mans wisdom that makes us start judging why this person suffers and this one does not.

What we need to worry and pray about his is salvation, after that, all other things will come into a better reference.

So you praise and worship God and you live YOUR life for him, and pray for the rest, but we can not force or make anyone change or make anyone accept Christ
    stevierayp Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by katrina jane higgo
    please can someone help me i feel like i just want to break down and cry , my dad has had a problem with a nerve in his spine soo they think for 5 yrs now he is in soo much pain he has seen so many docters had so many test no one knows whats wrong with him .. he used to drink alot when we were young and my mum couldnt take it anymore they split for a year which destroyed us all and has left its scares on each of us in the form of other addictions .. the thing is hes been ok .. i have just come to stay with them and my heart is broken to see him soooo down and drinking so so much sneeking gin into wine and wine into tea cups god why .. just feel so helpless .. i came to stay to get away and have a break fom my life as i just dont know what to do .. but being here is just making me feel soo bad ijust want to stand on top of a mountain and scream god WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the bible its says if when you ask in prayer you believe it will be .. i put my heart into prayer everyday for weeks really believing gods promise .. why is it soo bad his pain and now drinking its like he wants to die ... please someone help me i feel so helpless and broken.
    I had a meth addiction for along time and my wife prayed and prayed for me, but in her eyes it didn't seem to be working. She got up enough courage to pack her things and leave. Then I realized how I was living and quit. We are together again and stronger than ever.
    Sometimes I don't think you get your answers just the way you pray for them. I think in my case God gave my wife courage and strength enough to leave me, which woke me up.
    Go figure, one of the best things that ever happened to me was my wife leaving...
    I will pray for you and your father.

Steve

"Suffering is a call to a more intimate relationship with God"
    crue_boo Posts: 74, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2008, 06:56 PM
    All I can say is that whatever happens, don't let it get in between God and you. As you should know by now from all the posts, whatever happens is in God's best interest and is for a reason. Sometimes life is hard and horrible... remember that he also gives us free will so it's a debate on that subject. If you pray for your father and its in God's plan to help him, or if helping your father wouldn't lead to further situations that could be far worse, then God will accept your prayer. Remember that the small things that happen make big differences in the future. Like... if I hadn't skipped school and walked to the park on that sunny afternoon, I probably would have never met the love of my life or even tried to get to know him, because we're both not the type to hunt for a love. So maybe your father drinking could actually be saving him from some sort of further devistation. I may not be correct, but Pleaaase don't stop believing in God or have hate for God. He doesn't make his decisions to hurt anyone. Remember that he sees the Big picture and the average person only sees what's around us.

Your best bet is to keep praying, try to tell your father how he's been hurting you and that you love him and you're worried obviously, and just try to make the best out of what happens. :) Good luck

Peace&Love,
    Randi
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2008, 11:33 AM
    I agree with the others and want to add that it may not be that God doesn't want to answer your prayers but your dad and mum have their free will and are not looking to God for solutions. Keep praying and don't give up on God because others choose their own path.
    Talk to your dad and love him no matter.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 01:55 PM
    I also agree you should continue praying, never give up hope, but I would also consider getting someone to listen to how you feel whether it be your dad, but he may not want to hear this, right now, or a couselor or a organization like alanon, but I think you need to take care of you right now. And hopefully things will turn around for you and your Dad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why hasn't he called [ 13 Answers ]

I went on a date with a great guy, I was very comfortable and attracted to him, we kissed and hugged and he let me know that he was interested in seeing me more. He said that he would like me to ring him, but I told him that I would prefer him to call me if he wanted to see me again. A week has...

How can I claim my dads ashes? [ 1 Answers ]

My dad was cremated 8 yrs ago, my sister signed the forms and the ashes are still at the funeral parlour. My sisters do not want them nor do they wish for me to have them as we haven't spoken for some time. The funeral parlour won't issue them to me without a court order/solicitors letter or...

Do I just listen. [ 13 Answers ]

What do you say to a marriedman who you have been seeing and now havewalked away from when his wife still accuseing him of still being unfaith (she had her guesses ) he knows you have walked away but still wants to talk to you about it saying may he is prolonging it. I just have listened and...

Prayers [ 18 Answers ]

Does God Hear my Prayers? When I pray through his Son Jesus Christ, does He hear them?? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search