Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I think, now that she knows what we expect, we could give her one more chance -- if she agrees to stay off the relationship sites and be careful that her comments are worthwhile and her advice is good. I'm thinking, though, which boards would be good ones for her to be on?
    Not many.. maybe helping with k-2 homework.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Not many..maybe helping with k-2 homework.
    Now, now. Hmmmm, am trying to remember how I was at age 9. What she could do is post an honest question she has about something (how to do a math problem?), and then answer politely and intelligently to those who respond. I wonder if she has memorized all her times tables.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 04:33 PM
    I think, now that she knows what we expect, we could give her one more chance -- if she agrees to stay off the relationship sites and be careful that her comments are worthwhile and her advice is good. I'm thinking, though, which boards would be good ones for her to be on?
    I would agree, if she hadn't already been given multiple chances to change not only her attitude, but the bad advice she posts, and the boards she posts on.

She's been told ad nauseum to stop posting on adult boards. She hasn't listened. Why would she listen now? She's been suspended twice, she's been given infractions, and she learned nothing from them. That's arrogance, and has nothing to do with her age.

She doesn't belong here. She can't follow the rules, she's been given chance after chance, because she's a child. I think her chances have run out, especially in light of this thread.
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 04:43 PM
    Now, now. Hmmmm, am trying to remember how I was at age 9. What she could do is post an honest question she has about something (how to do a math problem?), and then answer politely and intelligently to those who respond. I wonder if she has memorized all her times tables.
    WG, I have a 10 year old. A ten year old that knows more about animals than most adults, especially rabbits. She could post here, and unless she posted her age, no one would ever know.

I told her about catgirl, and the issues we're having with her, and I asked how she'd react if she posted a reply, and someone said "you're wrong". My daughter said "I'd prove that I'm right. I'd post facts. I'd show that I know what I'm talking about, and if that person can prove that I'm wrong, I'd apologize and learn something".

Catgirl has been given a lot of leeway because of her age, we're a lot kinder when we correct her than we are when an adult posts bad advice. Does she learn? No. She comes back with attitude, rudeness, and continues to post bad advice.

Yes she's 9. I don't think a 9 year old should be on this site. My daughter isn't allowed on this site because of her age, not because she doesn't have knowledge, but because she's not an adult, and shouldn't be here.

Catgirl fails on both, she has no knowledge of the things she posts about, and she's too young to be here. She should have been banned permanently after her first post in an adult forum giving bad advice, or her first post on the animal forum giving bad advice. People don't come here to get bad advice from a child, they come here expecting someone that knows a cat from a dog, to answer their question.

Catgirl is not suited to answer these questions, or any of the questions posted on this site. . She wasn't banned only because she's a child and no one on this site wants to hurt a child. But now this post, demanding an apology when there's nothing to apologize for, is the last straw. She's arrogant and clueless.

She needs to get off the computer and actually learn something. Her parents need to start monitoring her computer use, and start imposing boundaries. She needs to learn that her opinion is not the most important thing in the world, especially when she's proven wrong. She needs to learn to accept criticism. Until she can do that, she shouldn't be here.
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 05:12 PM
    [
    She needs to get off the computer and actually learn something. Her parents need to start monitoring her computer use, and start imposing boundaries. She needs to learn that her opinion is not the most important thing in the world, especially when she's proven wrong. She needs to learn to accept criticism. Until she can do that, she shouldn't be here.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I wish her parents knew what she was doing, and I would love to see her grades. I wonder if she has any friends.
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 05:15 PM
    I don't see a problem with her helping with k-2 homework. I believe she is in 4th grade, so maybe K-3?
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Exactly! I wish her parents knew what she was doing, and I would love to see her grades. I wonder if she has any friends.
    That's the saddest part about all of this. Her posts are a cry for attention. Obviously she doesn't have anything better to do but post on sites. I'm sure that we're not the only site she posts on. She has 71 posts (more if you count the ones that were deleted, and there were many) on this site. She spends way too much time on the computer posting silly questions, and answering questions she has no business answering.

Where are her parents? My kids are allowed monitored time on the computer every day, and most days my kids don't even utilize that time. If they do, it's spent looking up stuff for their homework assignments, or playing an age appropriate game. All of their computer time is monitored by me and my husband, and they're 10 and 14, soon to be 11 and 15.

How does a 9 year old spend this much time on an adult website without her parents knowing? Bad parenting. Bad parenting doesn't create good children. Just saying.
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    That's the saddest part about all of this. Her posts are a cry for attention. Obviously she doesn't have anything better to do but post on sites. I'm sure that we're not the only site she posts on. She has 71 posts (more if you count the ones that were deleted, and there were many) on this site. She spends way too much time on the computer posting silly questions, and answering questions she has no business answering.

Where are her parents? My kids are allowed monitored time on the computer every day, and most days my kids don't even utilize that time. If they do, it's spent looking up stuff for their homework assignments, or playing an age appropriate game. All of their computer time is monitored by me and my husband, and they're 10 and 14, soon to be 11 and 15.

How does a 9 year old spend this much time on an adult website without her parents knowing? Bad parenting. Bad parenting doesn't create good children. Just sayin.
    You're so right. My boys were watched all the time on the computer until they were in their upper teens. There were no chances to be taken under my watch!
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 05:25 PM
    I don't see a problem with her helping with k-2 homework. I believe she is in 4th grade, so maybe K-3?
    Considering her other posts, I'd have to ask her to prove that she can actually help in those areas. She doesn't follow direction well, she doesn't like being told she's wrong, she doesn't like listening to the rules or following them. So, if she can prove that she's a good student and can actually help in those areas, I'd be fine with it, but I would ask that she be put on probation, have someone monitoring her posts, have every post approved before it's posted, before I trust her advice in any area, to be accurate.

After all the crap she's pulled on this site, especially this thread, she would really need to prove herself before I trusted her to continue posting on this site, even in a child forum.
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 05:31 PM
    Considering her other posts, I'd have to ask her to prove that she can actually help in those areas. She doesn't follow direction well, she doesn't like being told she's wrong, she doesn't like listening to the rules or following them. So, if she can prove that she's a good student and can actually help in those areas, I'd be fine with it, but I would ask that she be put on probation, have someone monitoring her posts, have every post approved before it's posted, before I trust her advice in any area, to be accurate.

After all the crap she's pulled on this site, especially this thread, she would really need to prove herself before I trusted her to continue posting on this site, even in a child forum.
    Maybe I can give her some math problems. I can't see any other place she can contribute. Can you?
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 06:22 PM
    Maybe I can give her some math problems. I can't see any other place she can contribute. Can you?
    I can't even see her helping there. Most of the math problems posted on this site are way above what a 9 year old can do.
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 06:38 PM
    I can't even see her helping there. Most of the math problems posted on this site are way above what a 9 year old can do.
    I was thinking that and that's why I said maybe k-2 since we don't get any of those questions ;).
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 06:39 PM
    I was thinking that and that's why I said maybe k-2 since we don't get any of those questions ;).

LOL! In other words, you're saying she shouldn't post. ;)
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 06:56 PM
    LOL! In other words, you're saying she shouldn't post. ;)
    You've read my mind. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 11:56 PM
    Notice the little line under the member's name. Catgirl has left the building on a permanent vacation.
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2013, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Notice the little line under the member's name. Catgirl has left the building on a permanent vacation.
    Good call. :)

She really shouldn't be here, and it's not only because she gives bad advice, which is expected at the age of 9, but also because she's a child, and this isn't a place for children to be hanging out. She needs to grow up a lot before she should even think about joining a site like this, or any other site.

There's one reason and one reason only that my children aren't on this site, and it's their age. I know that if they joined all the long term members would look out for them, just like we looked out for catgirl. But no one can spend all day every day making sure they don't go on threads they shouldn't be seeing, don't answer questions they shouldn't be answering, and don't post one silly question after another. It's not a playground, and it's not a daycare.

When my kids are old enough I'll give them permission to join this site, but until then, they don't belong here, because they're children.

I really do think that we should have an age restriction. The only problem is enforcing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving in US [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am Debbie. I have a friend who has a son which they put on adoption to his relative. But couple years ago the adoption parents past away, so my friend apply a GC for her son to USA. But after staying for a year they found out that their son is out of their conrtol. So They send him back to the...

PA position-Need excuse for leaving job- Job started in June 08-leaving for Europe in [ 2 Answers ]

Leave my job as PA probably returning to job after I come back from my trip to Greece. After graduation I was looking for a job. After two months my best friend she found for me a job as a Personal Assistant. My boss ( an writer who works at home) during the interview told me that he was...

Is she leaving me, or what? [ 9 Answers ]

I met a wonderful woman during the summer and we hit it off from the beginning. She was pretty much the driving force during the first month. Near the end of two months of being together she began worrying about her finances, her chemical sensitivity became more of a problem and made her tired much...

She is leaving me [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. Well my girlfriend is about 2 leave me.she is ignoring me frm 1 month In starting when she propose me with in 5 days she she took me wth her mom Then I also took her wth my parents.n I also know that she was or she is gng wth some 1 else But she told me always I don't have any relation wth...

Leaving out a w2 [ 2 Answers ]

I am waiting on one w2 the hole gross earnings might be $ 850.00,, I only worked 3 weeks in the summer and it won't even put a dent in my return,, so do I really need it to file or can I just possibly file it with next years return I have my big one that earned @ 22,000 last year can I just file...

View more questions Search