Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caitlyn Wilkie Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 02:35 PM
    My hamster died today
    My hamster was only about 4 months old and he has had sticky eyes since Friday the 15th I have been bathing them with a cotton bud but they would unstick for a little while and then they would stick back together again we were going to take him to the bet tomorrow but unfortunate we were to late as he was still alive this morning but he has been very week and he must of past during the day 😭😢😖
    And if "csussa" see's this I seem that you were saying something to a woman who's 10 month old hamster died:(
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2013, 02:37 PM
    I'm sorry you lost your pet. Hamsters only live about two years in the best case scenario, but yours shouldn't have died so soon.

Did you have a question for us?

Mar 19, 2013, 02:37 PM
    I meant vet where I said bet and I meant seen where I said seem

Mar 19, 2013, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    I'm sorry you lost your pet. Hamsters only live about two years in the best case scenario, but yours shouldn't have died so soon.

Did you have a question for us?
    Hi what did mean by did you have a question for us ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 02:46 PM
    This is a question and answer site. You ask us a question and we give you an answer.

Soooo do you have a question?

Mar 19, 2013, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    This is a question and answer site. You ask us a question and we give you an answer.

Soooo do you have a question?
    Yes what could have caused my hamster to sadly die as a youngster
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 03:19 PM
    It sounds like he had a respiratory infection like pneumonia or something along those lines. That will usually cause a discharge from the eyes like you described.

I'm sorry this happened. I have had hamsters and I know how it feels.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2013, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn Wilkie View Post
    I ment vet where I said bet and I ment seen where I said seem
    In the future, please read what you type before you post it. This makes no sense at all. Your original post is near impossible to understand, also.

Mar 20, 2013, 01:52 PM
    In the future, please read what you type before you post it. This makes no sense at all. Your original post is near impossible to understand, also.
    I am not been afenaive or anything but I find it pretty strange how every else can understand it and answer it properlu and If you read it, it does make scence and I wasn't asking for your opinion on if my question doesn't make sense to you or not so stop commenting on this please 😊
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 01:56 PM
    Caitlyn you do need to type in as clearly as you can. It is difficult to read. Others get told the same thing as we try to keep posts clear. That way we know what people are asking and looking for. Miscommunication is very easy when it is not the spoken word and that is one reason we need to be able to understand completely what is being asked.
    I am sorry for your loss of your hamster. It is always tough to lose a loved one.

Mar 20, 2013, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    It sounds like he had a respiratory infection like pneumonia or something along those lines. That will usually cause a discharge from the eyes like you described.

I'm sorry this happened. I have had hamsters and I know how it feels.
    Thank you very much at least you understoody question :)
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 03:15 PM
    Thank you very much at least you understoody question :)
    It's very sad. I hope you take your next hamster to the vet when it gets sick.

Mar 20, 2013, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    It's very sad. I hope you take your next hamster to the vet when it gets sick.
    Are you saying that in a nasty way because if you are I was going to take him to the vet but I couldn't get time of work until that day
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 20, 2013, 03:21 PM
    Are you saying that in a nasty way because if you are I was going to take him to the vet but I couldn't get time of work until that day
    Are you saying that I am nasty? You asked a question, didn't read any of your spelling errors before posting, and didn't like when anyone corrected you. You said your hamster was sick on the 15th. That was 5 days ago. If you aren't going to take care of your pets, then you shouldn't own them. If that's nasty, then so be it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2013, 05:04 PM
    And if "csussa" see's this I seem that you were saying something to a woman who's 10 month old hamster died
    I'd really like to know who the heck "csussa" is. Not an expert on this site, that's for sure.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2013, 04:42 PM
    Perhaps you do not understand how many errors there were in your post, so considered my correction nit-picky. Here are some of them, though not all:

You used "to" instead of "too". "To" is used for such applications as to say that this gift is "To: Mary, From: Frank", or; "I'm going to the mall". If you mean "too much", you should use the word "too".

"Week" means 7 days, Sunday through Saturday. The word meaning sickly or lacking energy, is "weak"

"Past" means "before". For example, "I worked for them in the past" or "her past relationships". When someone has died, they have "passed".

You caught that you said "bet" instead of "vet", so that correction is helpful.

However, you also corrected "seem" with "seen" and it still makes no sense. I have no idea what you meant to say but what you did say does not mean anything. The whole sentence is a head-scratcher.

And it is not proper to write "what could of happened", it should be "what could have happened".

Because you also failed to use punctuation and capital letters properly, the overall result was that your post was hard to read. Your correction was also hard to read. Another of your responses was understandable, but still contained errors.

This is nothing personal - I don't know you and have nothing against you. I am sorry you lost your pet (hampster, not hamster, incidentally). I just wanted you to know that you should proof-read your comments so that we can understand you, and therefore answer your questions better.

If you struggle with writing, I suggest that you type your comments in a Microsoft Word document, and then run the spelling and grammar check. You can cut and paste your comment from there to the site. If you pay attention to what is corrected by the software, over time, you will learn to write more clearly.

This is not English class, of course. We all make errors at times. God help me if I post using my IPhone - it "autocorrects" what I type and inserts all kinds of crazy nonsense that I don't intend to say. Your posts though, were so full of errors that it was hard to understand what you were saying, and we had to ask a couple of times why you were even posting.

Again, this is an anonymous forum - no intention to embarrass you (hey, we don't even know who you are, so don't worry about it!) - we just all try to help each other in any way we can. I've been corrected many times, so please don't feel picked upon.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 04:49 PM
    (hampster, not hamster, incidentally).
    Actually, although I agree with your other corrections, she did spell it the correct way. The correct spelling is "hamster" though it is also commonly accepted as "hampster" probably because it had been spelled incorrectly for so long.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 10:13 PM
    Actually, although I agree with your other corrections, she did spell it the correct way. The correct spelling is "hamster" though it is also commonly accepted as "hampster" probably because it had been spelled incorrectly for so long.
    It's a major pet peeve of mine when people spell it hampster. The correct spelling is hamster. In fact, as I'm typing this the spell correct has "hampster" lit up in red. I don't know why people started spelling it with a "p", it's not at all correct.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2013, 06:14 AM
    Thanks for the correction on hamster... my bad!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2013, 07:07 AM
    I have never seen it spelled HAMPSTER

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My hamster died [ 1 Answers ]

Today in the afternoon my hamster died. She was suffering with wet tail since 1 week and had finished her antibiotic treatment , (that's all the doctor gave) and today had a heavy breathing . This afternoon we were on our way to the vet and before reaching the destination she passed away. All he...

My hamster died how [ 3 Answers ]

She was a year and a half only.She felt limp n cold and there was green stuff on her tummy.can anyone guess how it happened?

My hamster died. How? [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday I came home from school getting ready to clean out Bamboo, my 1 year old Syrian Panda hamster's cage and instead I see her buried under all her bedding. Dead. About a month ago she escaped from her cage and we found her in my dads bedroom and returned her, but I also have a cat and do...

My hamster has died [ 6 Answers ]

My pet hamster died today, he was only 10 months old and seemed absolutely fine, happy and running about. I had not seen him for over a day so I checked his bed and he was there just curled up. I don't understand why he has gone, I don't think he had wet tail, can anyone help me, give me a possible...

Hamster died.why [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My hamster was found dead today. I am 12 and really upset I didn't do anything wrong. She had her water, food and tons of playthings she had everything. I only got her in August!! I really need to know why she just died. She was found in her bed just asleep but she did used to climb across...

View more questions Search