Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tina Williams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 01:27 PM
    Hysterectomy
    I had a partial hysterectomy done and I'm young bt want to have a baby.I know I can still produce eggs.. please help me out because I'm married and my husband and I want at least one child together
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 01:39 PM
    Tina, there is more to this then just having a partial hysterectomy. If your entire uterus as removed, then there is no chance of pregnancy, but in some surgeries they remove a portion of the uterus leaving a chance for the ovaries to release an egg into the portion to be fertilized, and this is still slim. On the other hand they remove both or just one of the ovaries.

You must have sat down with your doctor at some time during pre op and discussed just what exactly they were removing, and how good your chances were of conceiving. Did this happen ?

Exactly what did they remove?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hysterectomy [ 1 Answers ]

I had a partial hysterectomy in 2005. I have both my ovaries just no uterus. I noticed today that Im having some bleeding. I haven't had this since my hyster. Should I be worried?

Hysterectomy? [ 1 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I had laproscopic surgery to remove several cysts from my ovaries and endometriosis from behind my uterus. Recently I have been having pain in my left lower back and pelvic area. I had a ct scan and it came back that I have several cysts on my left ovary the biggest being 3...

Do I need a Hysterectomy? [ 2 Answers ]

I been told it won't help,but I heard it will .I am 53 yrs old. I had a Leep a year ago.

Supra Hysterectomy [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a laprascopic suprahysterectomy in Jan. I'm 52 and I'm concerned about HRT and what I need to know about hormone therapy. Web sites, other info or personal experience would help me a lot. Thank you.

Hysterectomy Complications [ 1 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy 1 1/2 weeks ago and the left side of my pelvic area is numb which I guess is normal, but... when walking, I frequently catch a burning pain in my left groin area which causes me to have to sit to get relief but just as I start to move about again, the pain hits. I am really...

View more questions Search