Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pattiwatti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 12:54 PM
    My beckett oil burner keeps going off.
    I have a Beckett. I changed the eye. I push the reset button, it goes on, I get a puff of smoke and it goes off. What do I do?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 02:24 PM
    I have a Beckett. I changed the eye. I push the reset button, it goes on, I get a puff of smoke and it goes off. What do I do?

Do you have oil?
    Did you bleed the oil line to remove the air?
    Did you take a oil pressure reading for the oil pump?
    Did you take a high voltage reading for the transformer for the burner?

Post back with the above information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckett oil burner vibration [ 7 Answers ]

I have a beckett afg series oil burner.When it is running it has a vibration that echoes throughout the furnace.If you put your hand on the burner it has a distict vibration.That indicates to me that something is out of balance.Furnace runs excellent but I feel that something may go on it if I...

Beckett oil burner [ 0 Answers ]

Burner is emitting black carbon smoke why?

Bryant oil furnace (#369AAN) with Beckett AFG oil burner [ 1 Answers ]

I was curious as to if anyone can tell me anything about the above product(s). Reason being is because I had no choice in which new high-efficiency furnace would be installed. I have a home warranty through AHS (which is horrible) and this is the product that was installed. Is Bryant as good as...

Priming a beckett oil burner [ 1 Answers ]

How do you Prime a beckett oil burner?

Beckett Oil Burner AFG [ 8 Answers ]

The Beckett AFG caused some trouble this year when my grandchildren accidentally turned off the EMERGENCY OIL Burner switch at the top of the stair case.. For some reason it caused water to spray out flooding the floor. I'd like to know how this could be prevented? I was told by the repair man the...

View more questions Search