Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kushal bohra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Computer shutdown due to thermal heating
    Hi
    This is kushal here my computer has always been hanged after 15 minutes-20 minutes at ordinary room temperature and my computer is not able to restart using the restart button and turn off button are not working .I have to close my smps power switch and on it again for every hangout and when I here it I listen the sound from cpu and message is being displayed as "computer was shutdown due to thermal heating " I have already removed the processor and applied the suitable liquid which acts as coolent but it is not working .please help me to resolve problem .my PC distributor is asking to change the processor fan is it the appropriate reason for this
    JP8 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 09:23 AM
    How long have you been using your PC? If you have used it for a couple of years then yes try to change the cpu fan
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 20, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Also, use some compressed air and a vacuum to clean out accumulated dust.

In the BIOS, there may be a setting to disable the thermal monitoring, or it may be set too low, take a look.
    aryanembar Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Use extra Display fan in CPU and Give the Correct Volt to Computer and the Current Supply
    alandotm Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:40 AM
    As in above answers check bios for thermal temperature settings and adjust it u p to about 150 faranheit max. don't even bother with checking your cpu fan replace it with a good high quality one that will run up to about 7500 rpm if needed.that can get a little loud but will prevent your burning up cpu which you may have already done. If replacing fan does not work or the bios setting then replace cpu at this point. Also buy a can of compressed air and blow out entire system to make it free of dust. You should do this about every 4 to 5 months anyway.

If you like my answers please rate it
    It_Support Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 12:59 AM
    I think your problem with the hard disk << remove it then put new hard disk <<< or any hard disk just try <<<
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2008, 07:13 AM
    First cheek if your processor is over heat, 2 if ir has fan over the heat zink make sure the fan is working 3 cheek your system if good anti virus was installed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC randomly shut down due to thermal problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, My PC will randonly shut down once in a while since few months ago. Recently the situation getting serious. The PC shut down not less than 5 times in 3 days. The PC just shut down without any warning and when I boots it again, the cpu will make some "siren-like" noise for few seconds....

Shutdown problems [ 17 Answers ]

Ever sense my friend told me to overclock my comp so much that it spazzed out I've been having problems. When my friend told me to overclock it, I did and it messed up, so the Cmos had to be pulled. That worked fine. But eversense, whenever I try to shut down my comptuer, and turn it back on, it...

Shutdown LAN [ 13 Answers ]

Dear all, Please help me in this matter , I want to shut down the LAN with password proetected.It Is possible. Please help me to do this to stop LAN from working... Please help me urgent

Shutdown Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks, My daughters PC is running windows xp and for a while now it has had so shutdown problems. When clicks on start then shutdown, it takes approx 5 minutes or more before the actual window pops up for her to choose shutdown or restart etc. Today when I tried it, the shutdown/restart...

Autometic shutdown after a while [ 4 Answers ]

Dear All, My problem is my PC autometically shuted down after working for 1 to 2 hours. If I try switch on again it just try to on for few seconds and get off itself. If I power off for more than 2/3 hours and switchon again it starts for 1/2 hours and again autometically shuted down and happened...

View more questions Search