Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babycakes315 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 02:37 AM
    How much do I charge for post construction clean up?
    I started a post construction cleanup service in OKC OK, I've been doing new homes at .20 cents sq ft, but I have a chanse to bid on a retail business and was wondering if you price that differently. Up to this point I still don't know the specs of the job ( will know more later on today) a reputable company contacted me via phone ( I missed the call) and let me a message that they were collecting bids for the job, I checked them on line and they are reputable. At the homes I've done, I clean all the dust, debris, remove stickers and plastic from appliances, wipe and mop, plus I do the windows inside and out at .20 cents sq ft. I'm I charging to low? The retail store I will be bidding on is 40 miles away. Thank you for all your input!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 12:34 PM
    HI Babycakes,

Yes I believe that you are under charging for your services based upon what services/tasks you are performing. $0.20 per sq ft is low in any market, we charge between $0.25 to $0.35 per sq ft for the same services/tasks.

This prospect is 40 miles away and this creates problems with control and quality of services. Especially if your price is to low. Most times it is best to bid what the job calls for considering all issues and problems.

Retail is an unusual animal, some require 'lock in' work, etc. We did retail when we started over 20 years ago and it was always an itch that needed scratched if you know what I mean.

The retail market is some what like the property management market in that they usually give the contract to the lowest bidder and complain constantly (norm not the few exceptions).

I would figure your total price by figuring your labor, taxes, supplies, equipment, admin, profit, etc AND the distance/travel time and supervision. Figure all these items to cover yourself and make it worth it. If you don't receive the contract follow up and find out why to make adjustments for your next bid/s.

Stringer
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
    In addition to the above advice, you might consider calling a service in another similar town in your state and make up a mock scenario. Tell them you are considering going into the construction rehab business and are studying expenses, and wanted to know how much you should realistically estimate for post-construction cleanup in your business plan. They may be willing to quote you a range, so you can see what others chare for the same service.
    babycakes315 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 01:50 AM
    Thank you so much for your quick responses! After learning all the specs I declined the job, they wanted to pay only 275.00 for a 3388 sq ft retail store, plus they wanted me to wax floors! Thank you both for your input, I will start charging .25 cents to any future clients! Thank you again for doing this service, I've been reading and you have helped a lot of people here! Have a great day!
    murielle2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 05:06 PM
    I have one contract offer but they have 6 bathrooms all marble throughout the whole house, and fully finised basement all marble with furniture built in all over; New construction filled with dust and glues etc.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 23, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Are you asking for help in pricing Murielle?

If so, please give us more info;

Size of the house?

Windows included (In and out?)

Other flooring?

Do you have specs?

How long are they giving you to complete this job?

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I charge to clean new construction home 1200 sq ft./ final clean [ 7 Answers ]

I'm bidding to clean a new construction home 1200 sq ft for final clean-up. How much do I charge? I did a walk through the house and there is tape on the edges of carpet as well as clear plastic cover which seals the top of carpet to be removed, labels on windows, appliances, bathtubs, and...

How much do you charge for construction clean up [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about charing to clean a new constrution home aboht 4500 sq ft

How much do I charge for post-construction clean up in DC area? [ 1 Answers ]

I have my own cleaning business and I have no clue what to charge.. I've read everything from .15 to .25... I have a great friend who owns a construction business who said she would sub me out to clean and asked me what I would charge... HELP? We have a job to clean a 5000 sq ft basement coming up...

How do I charge fairly for a post construction clean up? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house and a 4 story hotel to bid on and I do not want to over charge the customer or undercharge myself. It is a final clean of the inside no moving out any debris.

How Much Do I Charge on a Post Construction Clean-Up Opportunity? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to find out what to charge on a post construction clean-up opportunity. The building intels 8,400 sf of exterior glass, 775 sf of skylight glass at the top of the atrium , and 4,100 sf of interior glass at the 4 sides of the atrium. I am looking for an estamate of what to charge, the...

View more questions Search