Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mand1e Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Flying preganant
    Hello, I've just found out I'm preganant so about 4 weeks. I am due to go to spain at 7 weeks preganant, is it safe for me to travel? No 1 seems to have astraight forward answer
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 06:31 AM
    It should be okay to fly, there really is no reason not to. However, this is not meant to replace your doctor's advice, please ask him/her if they believe it is okay for you to fly.

My sister is a flight attendant and she is 4 months pregnant and she flys on a daily basis around the country.

She just flew from New York to Michigan. So, seeing how she flys daily, I don't think there should be a problem.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 20, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Flying preganant? Is that a new airline? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, did you ask your OB/Gyn? Each person is different which is why you get conflicting opinions here. For most women, flying deep into the pregnancy is not a problem. But if you have a history of early miscarraiges that might change matters. Go to your OB/Gyn and have a thorough workup. You should be doing this anyway if you haven't. Let the doctor tell you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Yes, Scott is right. Every woman is different, and every pregnancy is different.

As it may be okay for my sister to fly (she has been flying for 6 years as a flight attendant) it may not be okay for you.

Please consult your OB.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I'm Preganant [ 3 Answers ]

Im 18 and I think I'm pregnant! I haven't missed my period yet but for then a week now I've been having cramps and kind of tired. I've Been feeling like vomitting on and off through out the days but then I got really sick. I started getting a soar throat and my whole body hurts.I can't seem to...

Flying within the continental US? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going on a family vacation and I'm driving to Seattle then flying out of Seattle to Disneyland. Will I need a passports when I cross the border? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jen

Little Flying Devils [ 6 Answers ]

For quite some time in my house I've had a wheat moth problem. It all started when ONE moth flew in the window and since then they have grown into a very frustrating colony. I have gone around the house w/ a rolled up newspaper but they are EVERYWHERE how can I get rid of these pests with out...

Could I be preganant? [ 12 Answers ]

Well first of all me and my fiancée had sex around the time of ovulation.. but the day I was suppose to start my period I started to bleed with no cramps.. not that long after the bleeding lightend up.. now I have been spotting pink blood for like 3 days... I also feel like my cervix and uterus is...

View more questions Search