Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Mar 15, 2013, 12:44 PM
    Is a degree in philosophy useless?
    I've been think about getting an associate's degree in something. Philosophy interest me and I'm already quite familiar with key components of it. I do however, would like something marketable and help me land a job that I DON'T hate. Other considerations have been marketing and graphic design. I'd really not like to go higher than an associates due to time and money.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2013, 12:51 PM
    Basically yes... unless you hope to some day teach philosophy... its a waste of money if you actually want it to have any help for your earning power.

Do it if you like it... just don't expect to get anything in return from it. PHD's in ancient Sumarian have better job prospects than Philosophy majors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Degree in the philosophy of economics; is it worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , Here's my problem: Since I want to become an individual investor. I'm seeking out the non-typical path which is through formal study in educational institutions. This is to prepare me with more knowledge than one without formal study would have - in other words arming me to the...

If you add 350 mL of 92 degree Celsius of water to 420mL of 8 degree Celsius of wate [ 0 Answers ]

If you add 350 mL of 92 degree Celsius of water to 420mL of 8 degree Celsius of water and mix thoroughly what will be the temprature of the mixture?

View more questions Search