Ask
    Osvaldorubi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2013, 07:52 AM
    How to find my 401k
    How can I find my 401 k funds
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 15, 2013, 08:11 AM
    You need to contact the administator of the 401(k) plan. There should be contact information on the paper statements you receve in the mail, or you can call your employer's HR department and ask who to contact.

If that doesn't work you can try the National Registry of Unclaimed Retirement Benefits (NRURB). They are responsible with keeping data on over 50,000 individual retirement accounts for individuals who have forgotten 401(k), profit sharing and other company sponsored plan balances that have been abandoned: https://www.unclaimedretirementbenefits.com/

An additional suggestion is to go on-line and search for abandoned property in the state you lived in at the time. If you have not been receiving statements from the 401(k) plan administrator they may now consider you lost, and by law they would have turned your assets over to the state. Every state has a program to try to reunite people with their lost assets. Here is a free web site that lets you search your state’s database of abandoned assets: MissingMoney.com Unclaimed Property FREE SEARCH - Officially endorsed By The States, Provinces and Naupa . It’s a good idea to do a search on every state you ever lived in to see if there are abandoned assets in your name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find my 401k [ 1 Answers ]

See if I have my 401k from 6years ago

How to find my 401k? [ 1 Answers ]

Can't find old 401k [ 6 Answers ]

I've lost track of two different 401ks. One was through a company that must have changed their name or filed bankrupt. I spoke to the personnel dept. several times and they just gave me the run around. Not giving any info. The other was through the US Army. Any suggestions?

Find out how much you have in 401k [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how much I have saved in my 401k. I don't work at those places I put into it at. How do I go about finding out my balance?

Find my 401k [ 1 Answers ]

How do you find a 20 year old 401k I have no papers on it

View more questions Search