Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    himan20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2013, 06:39 AM
    High download speeds on Microsoft website
    Hi there, the other day I happened to download a load of free windows themes from the Microsoft website and to my surprise, the themes were downloading at speeds of around 1mbps while I just have a 384kbps internet plan on which normal downloading takes place at 50kbps. I want to find out why this difference and how can I use this thing to my benefit
    Thank you.
    ComputerExpert1 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 16, 2013, 06:24 AM
    Microsoft.com likes to verify that your internet connection and speed is trusted. So this can benefit you when it comes to not getting viruses. You must have a good Server that processes the files being downloaded as they download. But 1mps seems a little slow to me I'm use to a faster connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Lorentz factor at high speeds appear? [ 0 Answers ]

lorentz factor γ=1/(1-v²/c²)^½

Internet Download Speeds [ 36 Answers ]

I'm trying to get a real-life feel for download speeds. I have Time Warner cable now with 10Mbps download, and I am pretty happy with that. I am looking at switching to ATT as they have an awsome bundle for HDTV, Phone, and Internet. Only problem is ATT's download speed is 6Mbps. I am not...

Slow speeds, packet loss, high ping [ 5 Answers ]

>E-mail Removed<

2002 4.7 dodge truck overheating at high speeds [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2002 Dodge, I am the only owner, and 2 weeks ago for the first time the check gage light came on, while I was driving on the interstate. I pulled off and let it cool down and it was fine for about 4 days, then on my way to work on the interstate, the check gage light came on again,...

Better milage at high speeds [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about gas mileage, how come going on the highway at 70 mph I can get up to 30 mpg, but at 60 mph I only get 20 mpg? Just wondering? Taking it a step further if cars can get better gas mileage at higher speeds why don't they raise the speed limits on highways so we can use less...

View more questions Search