Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VetteMan99 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2013, 02:55 PM
    1998 Toyota Camry
    My 1998 Toyota Camry 2.2 eng. 4 cyl. Is still stalling when cold, and has also started this new, when I put on brakes It either stumbles or stalls out completely. I have replaced EGR Valve,Vacuum Modulator, VSV,Engine Coolant Temp Sensor, cleaned trottle body. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2013, 05:32 AM
    The coil may be breaking down under load. Also, the idle rpm may be too low. I would also check the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV).
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2013, 12:43 PM
    Try this, pull the vacuum hose to the brake booster. Seal the hose and try again. See if anything changes.
    VetteMan99 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2013, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    The coil may be breaking down under load. Also, the idle rpm may be too low. I would also check the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV).
    I have cleaned the throttle body and IAC valve, also checked resistance on the first O2 sensor and on the IAC valve it all checked good. It also stalls when you hit the brakes real hard. Also when you take your foot of the gas and you are slowing down it slows down to about a 1000 RPM then accelerates to about 1600 then it will slow down.
    Any info you can give is appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 toyota camry fan sensor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Toyota Camry 2.2 4 cylinder engine, repair shop replaced oil pump, timing belt, water pump and thermostat , NOW my radiator fans do not come on and radiator starts steaming. There are now water leaks at radiator, thermostat,hoses etc.etc. not losing any fluid, dash gauge right at...

Blowing fuses on 1998 toyota camry [ 1 Answers ]

My car is a 1998 toyota camry and blowing fuses that go to instument panel and power windows. What could be causing this?

1998 toyota camry cooling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Neither of my cooling fans are coming on. There is no voltage to them and it is 100 degrees outside. How can I check the sensors to see if they are functioning properly?

View more questions Search