Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewolkey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2013, 12:08 PM
    A sick goat after giving birth
    I have had 2 goats get deathly ill with a couple of weeks of giving birth. They lose weight and get the runs then they're down one has died and the other not far behind. I have several other goats getting ready to kid. I need to figure out how to stop this from happening in the future.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 14, 2013, 12:18 PM
    Don't you have a large-animal vet? Ask him to diagnose the problem.
    Lifeisfull Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 10:31 PM
    Is this before birth or just after? Are they lethargic? It sounds like ketosis or milk fever I suggest calling your vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick goat [ 0 Answers ]

Hi my dairy goat has no interest in eating.she us apart from the herd has very little milk.being that she is one of my goats who had the most milk.from one day yo another she started acting like this

Sick goat? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 years old male fainting goat. He just lays in his home then a few days later he will act like his ol self then he will act like he's sick again! I need help

Sick goat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a male goat who was two days ago and now is very lathargic and having a difficult time getting up. Once my husband got him up, he is peeing constantly. He does not seem very interested in food. He will drink water. Any advice as to what we could do?

Symptoms for a sick goat [ 3 Answers ]

We have a white goat that as of lately, seems like she could be sick. She has been eating just fine, and seems as though drinking and is still just as friendly, however, I have noticed her behind is really dirty, her tail, back legs, the whole back side like she is dragging her bottom like a dog...

One sick goat [ 1 Answers ]

We are new owners to 2 girl goats, one has recently gotten real sick, she has green goop in her eyes, is very lethargic, has bad breath, and as of today won't drink for me. We really are not to sure what to do with her, I have put a call in to a vet, but haven't heard back yet, any suggestions as...

View more questions Search