Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ecartlidge51 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2013, 09:38 AM
    Boiler Trouble,please Help
    Hi we moved into our house last year knowing our boiler was quite old but not having the money to replace it just yet.
    Generally it's worked fine but in all the cold weather we realised the radiators were irregular in heat, so we bled them all, got rid of lots of air and they were lovely and warm.
    Then the pressure dropped in the boiler, we increased the pressure but we ended up leaving the valve on slightly (we think) then the pressure was too high and quite worrying...
    We managed to sort that and the pressure is where it should be BUT now the boiler is really noisey, sounds like a boiling kettle/airplane taking off? (The sound comes and goes every 15 minutes or so) please help??
    What could it be?
    Thank you
    Emma
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 14, 2013, 11:45 AM
    Sounds like temperature is to high and water is boiling.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 14, 2013, 11:51 AM
    Could be air in the system or as previously mentioned a temperature or control for the temperature set to high or defective.

Mar 15, 2013, 01:58 AM
    Ok thank you for your time. How much would something like this be to fix?
    Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 15, 2013, 02:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ecartlidge51 View Post
    Ok thank you for your time. How much would something like this be to fix?
    Thanks
    That is just about impossible from where I am since the prices around the country are all different depending upon where you live. You might call a few different company's in your area and find out what a diagnostic service call would cost. Sorry but that is the best that I can do.

Mar 15, 2013, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    That is just about impossible from where I am since the prices around the country are all different depending upon where you live. You might call a few different company's in your area and find out what a diagnostic service call would cost. Sorry but that is the best that I can do.
    No problem, thank you so much for your help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble shooting the hot water boiler [ 5 Answers ]

We have hot water heating and when the boiler comes on after a few minutes when it is shutting down it makes a weird noise. Can you let me know why this is happening Thanks Jocey

Boiler Trouble [ 3 Answers ]

Can I remove a radiator and cap it off without causing boiler trouble

How Do I Trouble Shoot A Boiler? [ 1 Answers ]

MY central heating boiler light is on but there is no hot water and the heating won't work either. I know there is a red re set button which I have tried pressing for 3 seconds then turned the heating back on but it didn't work. Any advice? Thanks.:)

Boiler trouble on a Wein-McLain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boiler that some times just doesn't want to kick on, With out just a little help (a tap from the back of a screw driver will do) It looks like some kind of switch or control or something, it has what Look like points that seem to make and break contact as I tap on this Thing, then...

View more questions Search