Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desertrat123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2013, 05:45 AM
    Water heater for mobile home
    Dear Sir, I recently had my water heater replaced by a licensed plumber. I live in a mobile home. He installed a regular 30 gal water heater and told me that it didn't make any difference. I did some research on the internet, and found many different answers concerning mobile homes and water heaters. My water heater is not "In" my mobile, It is located in a closet on the side of my mobile with a vented access door on the side. The floor is solid, no vent hole, there is plenty of room for a 30 gal water heater, and I am on natural gas. I live in Calif. Do you think this is a problem? Thank You for your advice, G
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 14, 2013, 06:53 AM
    If your concern is that it isn't in your unit put your mind at rest, Since this is a gas heater it was placed correctly by them plumber. Good luck, Tom

Mar 15, 2013, 05:56 AM
    Mobile Home water heater
    Dear speedball1, Thank you for your answer, but I think that my question was misleading. The water heater is not in my mobile home in that there is no access from the inside. The way my mobile was built, there is a water heater closet built into the side of the mobile with the vented access door on the outside. My question/concern is, is it o.k. to use a "regular" water heater as opposed to one that is made for mobile homes? Thanks,G
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 15, 2013, 06:10 AM
    My question/concern is, is it o.k. to use a "regular" water heater as opposed to one that is made for mobile homes?
    The answer is yes if the heater's vented by code,
    Sounds like your plumber increased the size of the heater so he installed it outside your unit. Good luck, Tom

Mar 16, 2013, 05:26 AM
    water heater
    Dear speedball1, thanks for your reply, but there is still some confusion. My plumber did not upgrade to a 30 gal tank, my mobile has always had a 30 gal tank and he didn't install it outside of the mobile. Nothing has been modified, the water heater closet is built into the mobile, with the access door on the side. There is no access to the water heater from within the mobile. Also, my mobile is really not mobile, as it is in a mobile home park, and is 14'wide x 66' long, with 2 full bathrooms. I know that some water heaters are made just for mobiles, and that is my concern. My plumber said that there is really no difference and he installed a "regular" water heater. Can you tell me what the "difference" is? And do you think, In my situation having a "regular" water heater Is o.k. Sorry to be a pain, thanks for your patience and advice, G
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 16, 2013, 07:01 AM
    Bac in the 70's when I worked in mobile home factories we installed 17 gallon electric water heaters in our units. There should be no difference between a regular 30 gallon gas heater and a mobile home one. They both perform the same function. What, Exactly are your concerns? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have purchased a 1997 Champion Mobile Home can we replace gas water heater to elec [ 2 Answers ]

This mobile home has all gas appliances and we wish to replace the gas water heater with an electric heater. Would this mobile home we wired with 220 so this could be done?

Mobile home water heater replacement [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 1994 mobile home, the Rheem water heater busted recently. On the heater, it says it is basically a special model designed for mobile homes. It also has two strange-looking copper fittings going into it and attached to polybutelene pipes (don't get me started on the polybutilene... ) My...

I changed the water heater in my mobile home and now the showers don [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the water heater in my mobile home and now the water pressure is down. One shower trickles and the other does not work at all. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mobile home hot water heater leaking [ 0 Answers ]

I leave in a mobile home. The water is leaking under the home - right under the hot water tank. My husband has dementia so he doesn't remember why and or how it is leaking. My daughter who is the jack of all trades is on her way to help me. Could it be the pipe that goes into the tank that...

How do I plumb a hot water heater in a mobile home? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone,new to this site! The heat tape failed in this trailer and the hot water tank is probably original.I am going to the township this morning to get an idea of what codes need to be followed.who ever put the plumbing in for this hot water tank cobbled,bandaded,and it looks like they never...

View more questions Search