Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crickette865 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 09:38 PM
    CD-ROM drive will not open
    My CD ROM drive (drawer) will not open. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?
    ComputerExpert1 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2013, 05:04 AM
    The springs that eject might be caught... stick a paper clip in the tiny hole to open and check the reader...
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 2, 2013, 06:09 AM
    There can be several reasons for this beside a broken drive. Is there a disk in the drive? I once had a drive that held the disk in play position because the magnetic holder came loose from the spindle. There are two holders, one above the disk that's free floating and one below attached to the drive shaft. When you put a disk in the drive the one below rises up to connect to the free floating holder magnetically to hold the disk for spinning. It's supposed to drop back down when you hit eject but if it comes loose from the spindle it just hangs there and the drawer can not open. I had to take mine apart and press the lower holder back on and it never came off again. If this is the case (unlikely) using a paper clip to open the drawer will fail as it did for me.
    chris_nuo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2013, 08:27 AM
    When was the last time it worked? Is there any CD inside the CD ROM? Most of the time it could be physical problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not reading CD ROM Drive [ 1 Answers ]

I put in a game CD & it isn't reading the drive, help

CD ROM DRIVE disappeared [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I did not find my solution from previous questions and answers. I am using two windows o.s in my computer 1. window 98 and 2. windows XP. In both of these windows CD Rom has disappeared. I am unable to find out cd rom in my computer. Before that after switching off my computer I...

Dvd rom drive [ 2 Answers ]

Halo there. My toshiba dvd rom drive doesn't regnises any cd I put yet it was working well before. The icon is there. What could be the problem and how can I solve it?:confused:

Cd-rom drive is busy [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings! I try to install from a cd and get the following message "cd-rom drive is busy, close all other programs and try again (sometimes it helps to eject the disk and reinsert it)" The cd is working properly on other pcs.Any help is welcome!

I've lost my cd-rom drive [ 3 Answers ]

We had a power loss (surge?) this am (chimputer was on w/surge protector), upon power restoration, I rebooted comp and neither of my dvd/cd drives are being found. When looking in the device mngr there is a little ! Next to the drives. I tried reinstalling the drivers but it did not help:confused....

View more questions Search